Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! PLATINUM EDITION HOOD PART NUMBER

JW7

Supporting Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Raven Black XLR.... 2001 DTS...2009 AUDI A4 CABRIOLET
Hi all....Happy Holidays . Does anyone know the part number for the Platinum Edition Hood...Can't seem to find it in any threads I looked at...

all hoods except v are 15932609 there are no new ones .discontinued. The only new hood you can get it the V style 25982701 at about a grand for the hood . 100 for the front molding and the hood pad is different.
All 09's take the same hood. the platinum in o8 Is the base hood. You show you have an 07 so you need a basic hood . have to find one used

Thought that the Platinum Edition hoods had similar hood design to the V,not just a flat hood...Had raised areas in center..Little more stylish

pretty sure there are only two hoods. standard and v . that's all the parts books show. the raised center section is a v hood. some one else might know of another hood but I think there are only 2

Just in case there is still any confusion: ALL 2009 'base model' cars are called Platinum models: you could not purchase any other way. 2009 base models ALSO happen to have the V hood with the raised center section. However the hood itself is not called a Platinum hood. It is the V model hood so if that is the hood you are wanting then that is what you should be requesting when you are inquiring about its availablilty. Long Tall Sally listed the part numbers above. good luck in your search!

Hi all Back to this post with another question..
I saw another thread about the fitment of a V hood to a base model...The thread was never followed up as to what was done..
Does anyone know if it will fit a base model that already has the Chrome Platinum Edition Front Grill...Looks like there is a trim piece that fits on the very front of the V hood ..
Any thoughts would be appreciated..

Last edited:
the v style hood will fit. However there are two differnt front mouldings and I am not sure what is differant. The 06-08 v takes the 10355138 and I think the 09 platinum also but it is nto listed. the 09 v with the same hood has a different front mo DSCN5962.jpglding 25844542. Most people use the v style grilles. iam nto sure what your platinum 07 grill is , maybe chrome? but it is the same sahpe and size as all non v models. However to fit the hood the v grilles and 09 platinum have a notch cut out of the them to make room for the moulding bolts. Some aftermarket v grilles for 0408 have a stick on chrome strip to simulate the molding and most people do not install it. You would have a choice of hood pad/insulator 15940932 non v and 15940933 v style both will fit . everything else is the same. here is a photo of two grilles a 09 In the back and you can see the notch and an 05 in front. The 06 does sit back a ways and may be able to slant it a little more for clearance . I am trying to buy a used v hood now and can tell you more once I get it if I do.

I was interested in installing a V hood on my base 06 however I did not want to use the V grille. I wanted to use the chrome grill. The V hood comes with holes along the front edge for mounting the chrome trim piece that goes well with the V grille but not so well with a base chrome grille. My opinion. The options I had were to either have the holes filled, use the trim piece or paint the trim to match the color of the hood. I decided to pass on the idea and to just keep my base hood. I'm not sure but I believe the Platinum XLRs came with the chrome grille. If you do decide to make this swap with a chrome grille I'd like to see the end result. I was leaning toward filling the holes but was concerned with how well that would hold up and the additional cost of having that done. Good luck!

FYI, it’s a bit more than just filling the mounting holes on a V hood. The whole front edge is recessed for the chrome trim to sit into. The whole front edge of the hood would have to be filled to look right without the trim.

People who add the v grille to non v hoods usually get he chrome/stainless piece that double sided tapes to the stock hood. Fireduck is correct that the hood has a good bit of filling to do to remove the factory area for the stock V grill. It might be worth it if you found a damaged one cheap enough that you had to have repaired anyway. Painting the molding would look fine and thy have products by Bulldog and others so you can paint chrome or depending on the color just use Tape that color. You can find pretty good matches to most colors due to all the wraps they do.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom