Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Please Help Part # 19210515

Jeff

My XLR/V(s)
2009 Cadillac XLR Platinum
My 2009 XLR Platinum is sitting at Sheehan Cadillac with part # 19210515 which is the Folding Top Stowage Compartment Front Close Out Panel Position Switch. No Longer Available??? Can anyone help??

My 2009 XLR Platinum is sitting at Sheehan Cadillac with part # 19210515 which is the Folding Top Stowage Compartment Front Close Out Panel Position Switch. No Longer Available??? Can anyone help??

Hi Jeff,
That thing is a potentiometer of sorts. I suppose it could decide to quit outright but I seem to recall that the top has to be cycled as though new, in order for all these "switches" and such to get their settings, i.e., it's not on and off best as I understand, it's ohm value 1 versus ohm value 2.

I'd have to ask if "Sheehan Cadillac" has been savvy enough to know this, and if so, what sort of resistance readings is the potentiometer giving back when in the appropriate positions.

I've taken a picture of mine and it has a couple of other part numbers on it. One says Micro Craft #0072-000. They probably made the thing. Below that is CarTop Systems #25002160. C.T.S. of course made the whole roof contraption and not only for Cadillac, but for just about every other automobile manufacturer in the world that offers an Origami roof (probably the same switch in say...a Volvo or Daimler).

Maybe give Klaus a call or write at Top Hydraulics. He's no doubt a shipload more familiar with the failure rates of things like this than anyone else on the continent. I'd still wager it's just not set-up properly or maybe it can be cleaned with a little electrical cleaner down through the potentiometer's 'spindle'.

19210515.jpg

HTH,

Gord :thumbsup

Hey Gord,
Thanks so much for taking the time and provide a possible alternative. Funny, I once knew a Gord from Canada who went by "Charger Man" about 20 years ago. That Gord helped me out with a few classic Mopars!! Not sure if Sheehan Cadillac used a potentiometer or not. I will check with them. I also tried to contact Klause from Top Hydraulics however, I never got past the front desk when I called. I believe it was my fault though! I mentioned that I wanted to speak to Klause about a switch problem? The person I spoke to told me that they only deal with hydraulics. I should have further explained myself. I will try him again! Thanks again!

Top sensors positions and adjustments.

Hi Jeff

Just above of your thread, is an advertiser ''TopHydraulic'', click on his address, this expert has made many videos and one is dedicated for the problems and the position of the sensors and switches, he is also explaining the adjustments to make.

Good viewing.

IAN:blinzel:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry