Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Raising the front of the XLR up 1" to 1.5"

Doug Doty

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
06 black/ black XLR-V
The weather was so nice I took the car for sevaral drives this week but Friday night found it up on the lift and the ride height adjuster bolts soaking in pb blaster so they will helpfully turn down through the front spring a little.

Has anyone done this and how much trouble did they give you, I went over on the corvette forums and those guys sound like it is 50/50 chance. My car in particular has only 1/2" of threads sticking out the top of the threaded portion of the spring leaf and 2" out the bottom before contacting the control arm. I feel a little funny having to use maximum adjustment to bring the car back to "closer to normal" ride height, any opinions. Just seems the factory would not have had it set up this way. How can I tell if a previous owner has switched to a lowering type front spring. Does anyone remember of have a picture showing how thiers looks.

You are trying to raise the car back up? I lowered mine by turning the adjusting bolts, I think we went all the way down, then back off 1 full thread. I don't recall how much thread was originally, but it does seem GM left us a lot of room for lowering on stock bolts.
Hope that helps some.
Bruce

Ya, mine was previously overly lowered, I am dragging the chin spoiler just getting out of the driveway. If I done as you are suggesting mine would literally be laying one the ground sitting still.

I scrape a little going in & out. I take it at angle, and my XLR drags less than everything else so I tend to not notice. Anyhow, I was suggesting backing the bolts back in all the way may raise it, or someone could have cut down the bushings.
Sorry I can't provide much more help on the subject.
Bruce

Well the bolts moved and I used up the threaded portion, maybe 3/8" to 1/2" on both sider the front come up some, not dragging in the normal spots now but I measure it at about 3/4" lower in the right fender apex centered on the wheel than the left side. Hum... I got a few questions and it is getting more technical so I will post over in the other section.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom