Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Rcdlr program

Tom914

My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR
Hello all need some help here and figured maybe someone here knows what to do. I have a 04 xlr that the rcdlr was going in and out so I wanted to replace it. The dealer said I would have to also get new key fobs too. I put the new rcdlr in programed the keys now the car won't start. The door lock unlock and trunk buttons work on fobs and it also will go into accessory mode just no crank. I appreciate any help because this is driving me nuts.

Got It

Figured it out had to reset the theft system in the car it starts right up now!

Did you just buy the newer RCDL and install it yourself? I always heard it needed to be paired to the car by a device more capable than the Tech II.

Rcdlr

I bought the rcdlr from Cadillac with two fobs. The dealer did need the numbers off of the old rcdlr. After install did the glovebox key program. After that the buttons on fobs would work but car would not start. The ecu had to learn the new rcdlr so did that by holding accessory for 4 seconds till everything came on . Then has to sit like that for ten minutes till security light turns off then turn the car off. Repeat that 2 more times then the rcdlr and ecu should be in sync. Car started right up after that with no problems since.

Here's the written procedure for this. It's the 30 minute learn cycle lower down the document

Attachments

• 2006 Cadillac XLR - Chassis Electrical _ Theft Deterrent _ Cleaning, Inspection, and Adjustment .pdf
    119.4 KB · Views: 393

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back