Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

rear deck would not open

S

speedway

I went shopping and open the rear deck when I attempted to close it, it would not close so I had to do it manually. When I got home and tried to open it it clicked but would not go up but I could manually raise it. I took it to the dealor today and they said they had to re-set the sensors. If this happens again is there a way I can do that myself?:dunno:Has anyone else had this problem?

Fred

No, there is nothing you can do on your own...unless you have a Tech2 and a Candi module. You can do a relearn procedure for the top module, but this doesn't really fix the problem. It may get the top working again. You most likely have a problem with a top sensor,there are 3. I would check the one for the front tonneau. There is also an update for the folding top module.

Bruce :D

No, there is nothing you can do on your own...unless you have a Tech2 and a Candi module. You can do a relearn procedure for the top module, but this doesn't really fix the problem. It may get the top working again. You most likely have a problem with a top sensor,there are 3. I would check the one for the front tonneau. There is also an update for the folding top module.

Bruce :D
Thanks Bruce

Fred:wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry