Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Replacing the front and rear shocks

D

DIFROMICT

As with a lot of other XLR owners I found the OEM shock absorbers to be quite pricy. Here's my question: our sister
gmnews.gif
vehicle sells an F55 suspension simulator (bypass) that allow the installation of non magnetic shocks. Has anyone ever used this simulator on an XLR?

As with a lot of other XLR owners I found the OEM shock absorbers to be quite pricy. Here's my question: our sister
gmnews.gif
vehicle sells an F55 suspension simulator (bypass) that allow the installation of non magnetic shocks. Has anyone ever used this simulator on an XLR?

Also if you want to keep the original OEM magnetic shocks... I found all replacements front a back on Amazon.com for about half price and had my local GM Dealer install them for less then $100.

Sent from Grand Daddy iPhone using Tapatalk

And why do we have this in the Bowling Green thread????

what dealer

Also if you want to keep the original OEM magnetic shocks... I found all replacements front a back on Amazon.com for about half price and had my local GM Dealer install them for less then $100.

That's amazing installed for under 100$?? What dealer is that, I need to drive up there for them to work on my car. All the dealers around here will not install any customer purchased parts and at 120 an hour and book time of 1.0 hour per shock that's closer to 500 labor.

That's amazing installed for under 100$?? What dealer is that, I need to drive up there for them to work on my car. All the dealers around here will not install any customer purchased parts and at 120 an hour and book time of 1.0 hour per shock that's closer to 500 labor.

Well it was about 3 years ago, but I used Renn Kirby a GM Dearlership they are on the east side of Gettysburg on route 30 close to the major Rt 15 that’s run up from Frederick Md to Harrisburg Pa . I do believe that they was $85 hour back then and are over the $100 an labor charge hour now also, still it don’t take them long to change shocks. I would think about 2 hours! But they go by the book rates now days so if it only takes them 2 hours but the book shows they can charge for 5 hours.....so guess what you get charged! Although I still don’t think they would charge $500 but who knows 🙄 I’d get phone rate estimate before driving up here😉 Good Luck

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom