Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Replacing wood trim

Bcarl

My XLR/V(s)
2007 XLR V
I am a new 2007 XLR-V owner. I own a mostly European vintage sports/racing car collection and have always thought these were very underrated cars.

Ironically, I took possession of my XLR-V just a week after taking delivery of my new Corvette C7 Z07. They make for an interesting pair.

The only cosmetic problem with the XLR-V is that the wood panels in the interior does not really match, probably due to sun-fading. Does anyone have a source for replacements for the interior wood trim panels?

While I am certainly enjoying my car as it is, I would be interested to know what upgrades long term owners have been happy with on their XLR-V's?

I don't know a source, but my understanding is you would have to replace ALL of the wood trim, not just the faded ones, because it's impossible to match. There was a company that used to sell wood trim you could add to the original (put around radio, cover entire console, etc), & I think they stopped offering it because of the matchng issue.

As for mods, lots of people have done lots of stuff to V's, check around the site. All we've done is put on Billy Boat Fusion exhaust. It lets you keep the dual mode exhaust. It is pretty loud, however, & does have some drone (although I've heard worse). Just a little nicer looking than the stock exhaust & announces your arrival much more clearly!

Good luck! :wave:

As XLRATING stated, trying to match existing wood will be difficult, and may also be hard to find; and expensive; especially the center console.

A cold air intake and exhaust seems to be the most common upgrades. I too have the Billy Boat Fusion exhaust. Louder than stock and does drone in open baffle mode with the Mild2Wild control. D3 makes a stage 1 & 2 cold air intake and Volant makes a kit as well, but is only a stage 1 basically. Most of the other upgrades I have are purely cosmetic, hoodliner, trunk liner, HID foglights, aluminum racing pedals, Lloyd mats, etc.

Enjoy your new to you ride!

I am a new 2007 XLR-V owner. I own a mostly European vintage sports/racing car collection and have always thought these were very underrated cars.

Ironically, I took possession of my XLR-V just a week after taking delivery of my new Corvette C7 Z07. They make for an interesting pair.

The only cosmetic problem with the XLR-V is that the wood panels in the interior does not really match, probably due to sun-fading. Does anyone have a source for replacements for the interior wood trim panels?

While I am certainly enjoying my car as it is, I would be interested to know what upgrades long term owners have been happy with on their XLR-V's?

Wood trim

Try Benevento Dash Trim 914-667-9004 or pull up their web site.

David J

As XLRATING stated, trying to match existing wood will be difficult, and may also be hard to find; and expensive; especially the center console.

A cold air intake and exhaust seems to be the most common upgrades. I too have the Billy Boat Fusion exhaust. Louder than stock and does drone in open baffle mode with the Mild2Wild control. D3 makes a stage 1 & 2 cold air intake and Volant makes a kit as well, but is only a stage 1 basically. Most of the other upgrades I have are purely cosmetic, hoodliner, trunk liner, HID foglights, aluminum racing pedals, Lloyd mats, etc.

Enjoy your new to you ride!

D3 stopped making the intakes...wish I could get ahold of some. They are, however making some stainless headers (with cats) that would bolt up. I would go after ceramic coating, they are a hefty 2500 plus shipping. Larger inter cooler, cold air intake, supercharger pulley, mild to wild, take that 2.56 diff out and something on the order of 3.43 would fit with gears ... Hennessy has some addons as well...but basically them doing the work.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom