Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
Report: Corvette Z06-Powered Cadillac Escalade-V Under Development

By Rob Loszewski
09-10-2015

According to Motor Trend magazine, apparently, Cadillac is currently developing a CTS-V powered Cadillac Escalade.

Motor Trend's very own Jonny Lieberman, recently tweeted that an Escalade V is imminent. Although it's too early to tell what the specs will be for this new Escalade-V, power expected to come from the C7 Corvette Z06's LT4 engine and is currently found under the hood of the CTS-V.

Expected power output should be well in excess of 600 hp and 600 lb-ft of torque as the CTS-V engine cranks out a hefty 640 hp and 630 lb-ft of torque.

Current Escalade owners have had to resort to aftermarket tuners like Hennessey Performance Engineering in Texas in order to massage a little more power out of the Escalade's engine. The General's attempt could give tuners like Hennessey, a run for their money.

The new Cadillac Escalade-V could make it's debut as early as next years New York International Auto Show. Stay tuned!

Thats all well and good but when are they finally gonna put a rocket engine in a train boxcar? Dont get that 6000 lbs at 600 hp[emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...but when are they finally gonna put a rocket engine in a train boxcar?

rocket_train.jpg :D

I am just amazed at the 6000 lb vehicle with 500 hp so big and not very aerodynamic just not a fan like roadsters with 325 hp I sell Challengers with up to 707 hp even that is too much power for city streets but the rocket power scale train cars are awesome thank you for sharing[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back