Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

SAHARA

SAHARA

I am looking at buying an XLR. I am 6'8 and was wondering if anyone has a way to move the gas and brake pedal foreward 3 or 4 inches. There looks like there is room in front of the pedals

Hi & welcome. :)

That's a bit of a predicament. I'd actually shy away from anything to do with the pedals. Reason being, if anything goes wrong (i.e. you have even a little fender-bender), if those "controls" have been modified and they catch it, someone (including your insurance company) is going to have a heyday.

I never studied it but maybe someone else here has: is there any real estate behind the driver's seat to be able to shift the seat / seat rails back the 3 or 4 inches? You might have to give up some recline I would suspect.

Wait a little and see what others might have to add...

HTH!

Gord :thumbsup

You mustnot be very tall or you would know moving the seat back moves you away from the steering wheel which causes a different set of problems. There are after market pedals made for moving the stock ones. I am trying to find if someone has done this. Don't need legal advice need tech help

Duck and cover...

Morning.
You mustnot be very tall or you would know moving the seat back moves you away from the steering wheel which causes a different set of problems.
Actually I'm just a spec over average height: 1.7 meters or 5'7". A XLR fits me just fine. Telescopic steering works for some arm length adjustments.

There are after market pedals made for moving the stock ones. I am trying to find if someone has done this.

Not quite what your original question implied but okay... I've never heard of aftermarket pedals, obviously because I never had to look for 'em... Perhaps someone else will consider to reply to you or might I dare suggest you could contact the supplier of said pedals and ask them for references / installers?

Don't need legal advice need tech help
Understood!

Good luck and... you're welcome! ;)

the XLR is not going to be your car. I have a couple of cusomers 6'3" and have moved the seat back and down all it will go and now they can see the headsup without titling their head down but another 4 inches is going to be very hard to achieve. You could remove all the electronics In the seat and mount it solid in the lowest and rear position and make it work in a pinch but no one else would be able to drive it

Don't want to move the seat. Trying to find someone who has moved the pedals. or knows how to do it there is room between the back of the pedals and the firewall to move the pedals at least 3"

Welcome !

Hmmm? A dilemma for sure. I'm sorry I cannot offer you a "pedal moving solution". While I have been a member on this site for sometime now, and have read most of the technical posts, I have not run into this before. Sorry I can't offer a constructive solution. Yet I do wish to welcome you to the site.

When and if you find an answer to this dillema, please post it so others can also learn.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom