Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Seat

Magic eraser works on the Cashmere color pretty good, but I have heard it’s bad on the Ebony color.

Thanks. Mine is Ebony.
I guess I'll leave the shiny circle ...it looks better than before I pulled the white paper off.
It's funny how the simplest things become the hardest.

time may be your friend. Glue residue breaks down in time with exposure to elements so In a while it may just sort of disappear.

Magic eraser works on the Cashmere color pretty good, but I have heard it’s bad on the Ebony color.

Uggh, you’re right. I used that on the plastic around the seat position buttons to get off shoe scuffs on our base XLR with a cashmere interior. It worked great! So I gleefully used it on the same area in the V with a black interior. Made a mess that I then had to spend a bunch of time fixing. Never would have expected that. So yeah, do NOT use the Magic Eraser on black!

Bluebeast has had LEXOL Leather cleaner and conditioner used on all interior leather with great success and no damage. Follow easy directions. Good luck. Cathie

Goo Gone might be the trick. Spray on sparingly, let set for 5-10 minutes then LIGHTLY try to rub off the stuff. Be prepared for the dye to come off as well, though, if they've been on there since the car was new. In that case, Seat Doctor is your friend

Hi Cathie,
Yes, I've used Lexol for many years and have it in my garage but this is a little round shiny piece of adhesive when the tiny white paper peeled off. It's very attached to the leather.
Thanks though, Brad

Ok I guess there are no original owners amongst us because all the cars had these stickers at least in 2005.
Maybe they peeled right off when new.
Even in some ads for the cars, I can see the 2 white stickers on the passenger seat.
Now only the paper pops right off the adhesive sticker.
Brad

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back