Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Seat

Just ran out and got lug wrench , plug kit and scissor jack....the owners manual shows the only place to jack up though should be across two crossmembers....and need to see if the jack is low enough...is 4.5 inches high.
Didn't take the car because last night salt was put on the roads.....anxious now for rain to wash it away so I can take it for a ride !

I printed this out, laminated and put it in the trunk cubby along with the lifting pads that are available.

Attachments

• jack and lifting locations.jpg
    jack and lifting locations.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 218
white dots are either to say not approved for a child seat or heated and ventilated ? I don't think any car is approved for a child seat in the front so most likely the heated and ventilated

you started a thread asking what the white circles are for and changed it in the middle. The white circles according to GM wit ha line thru them means not approved for a car seat. Since everyone knows you do not put a car booster seat In the front then the other thing GM uses them for is to indicate headed and ventilated seats. Without a photo and year model its a guess.

I just found these two seat labels in the manual in my 2005.
They are to show where to "anchor a child seat".
I think most of you don't have them because the original owners probably removed them as I'm going to do.

that's an interesting point as most states have laws that prohibit a child seat in the front. Unless the xlr has a seat pressure switch to automatically turn off the airbag with less weight in it that would be a very bad thing to do.

Yes, it's in the first few pages of the manual.
Stickers to show where there are 2 baby seat anchors.
The air bag on/off switch is in the glove compartment...it was off.
The key goes in and I turned it on.
I took the sticker off but left a shiny circle of adhesive.
Not sure how to remove it though.

cool. I learned something . I would NEVER ride a child In the front of this car especially with a manual airbag switch..

Goo Gone might be the trick. Spray on sparingly, let set for 5-10 minutes then LIGHTLY try to rub off the stuff. Be prepared for the dye to come off as well, though, if they've been on there since the car was new. In that case, Seat Doctor is your friend

Any idea on getting the adhesive from the sticker off leather....never ran into that before.

Try getting some of the sprays sold to get scuffs off of leather shoes. That may do the trick without damaging the leather. Just try it on an inconspicuous place first.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom