Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Service Radar Cruise message

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
A day or so ago I got that message. I removed the cover and cleaned the lens with 50/50 alcohol and water, which I had done about 3 months ago, when I had the same message. The cover lens that is removable had a lot of bug stuff on it, but the radar lens looked good; but I cleaned it anyway. My cruise worked that day. We had had no rain, nor were there any water puddles around to dirty things, and the outer cover is CLEAN!!!The next day, it would not work on the way to a friends home; and that message was back! Then on the way home from my friend's, about 3-4 hours later, it worked for about 8 miles of a 12 mile trip, and then for the last miles it didn't ??What the "hay" is with these cars!!! I'm going to clean both lenses AGAIN TODAY, and see what happens! I think these XLR's have a mind of their own!! This is absolutely crazy, just like my problem with the reading lights on the mirror! And I googled that problem, and forum threads, on this forum, came up where some owners were having the same problem in 2012!And, nobody had an answer for it!

Well, I cleaned it again this am . It didn't look dirty at all!, but then I went to the store, and no message-and cruise control worked flawlessly!!

After having my Cruise Control work every now and then for over a year now I was able to get another one off of a car in at a local wrecking yard. Installed the new/used one and so far it works. Hope it is a good one that lasts a long time since it did come off of another 05 still is a 14 year old part. I will keep my old one in case someone comes up with a solution to repair them.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom