Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

"Service Radar Cruise"

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
This message came up yesterday when I started the car. When I got to my destination and re-started the car about 45 minutes later, to leave, that message was gone. This a. m. I started the car and heard "Gong, "gong" again, and that same message was there again. I drove about 20 minutes to my destination, and shut the motor off. Sure enough, that message was gone again when I restarted the motor to go home about 20 minutes later.Some one on this forum said to check my battery. I will do that when I can, but I seriously doubt that that is the problem, because the car always cranks up and starts within about (1) second of pushing the "start" buttton, ( in other words, before you can say "one one thousand") and always has, and that battery sounds very strong! I leave the cruise "engaged" all of the time because I use it 100% of the time, and have done that for the 9 months that I have owned the car. Could this cause that probem?? Does anyone else have any other ideas about what is causing this message to pop up???

You didn't like the answers you got in the other thread you started yesterday, so you started another thread in a different category??

This message came up yesterday when I started the car. When I got to my destination and re-started the car about 45 minutes later, to leave, that message was gone. This a. m. I started the car and heard "Gong, "gong" again, and that same message was there again. I drove about 20 minutes to my destination, and shut the motor off. Sure enough, that message was gone again when I restarted the motor to go home about 20 minutes later.Some one on this forum said to check my battery. I will do that when I can, but I seriously doubt that that is the problem, because the car always cranks up and starts within about (1) second of pushing the "start" buttton, ( in other words, before you can say "one one thousand") and always has, and that battery sounds very strong! I leave the cruise "engaged" all of the time because I use it 100% of the time, and have done that for the 9 months that I have owned the car. Could this cause that probem?? Does anyone else have any other ideas about what is causing this message to pop up???

Service Cruise Radar

You didn't like the answers you got in the other thread you started yesterday, so you started another thread in a different category??

No, the battery seems to be very good, but I intend to check it. I thought that I had put my thread in the wrong place, and as an after thought, thought it should be in technical area.Don't be offended by that; you gave what you thought was the answer, and I appreciate it!

Last edited:
The two answers you received in the other thread are the most common solutions to your problem. As far as your thread not being in the correct area; that isn't your responsibility. If it needs moved the administrator or moderator will move it. Making multiple threads makes it harder to search for in the future if someone is looking for the same information.

As far as your battery, just checking it with a multimeter, doesn't necessarily mean it is good. An auto parts store can do a load test to make sure it is working.

No, the battery seems to be very good, but I intend to check it. I thought that I had put my thread in the wrong place, and as an after thought, thought it should be in technical area.Don't be offended by that you gave what you thought was the answer, and I appreciate it!

Thread postings

The two answers you received in the other thread are the most common solutions to your problem. As far as your thread not being in the correct area; that isn't your responsibility. If it needs moved the administrator or moderator will move it. Making multiple threads makes it harder to search for in the future if someone is looking for the same information.

As far as your battery, just checking it with a multimeter, doesn't necessarily mean it is good. An auto parts store can do a load test to make sure it is working.

Give me a break; I'm 81 years old as of March 6th, and I'm fairly newto this site, and still learning about the workings of it. I thought it was the responsibilityof the thread writer to put it in the right catagory, and would think that not doing so would make a lot of extra work for the administrator.I'll do a load test. Ihave the tool to do that.

service radar cruise

Fixed it, thanks to a reply about looking in the owner's manual. I honestly never thought the owner's manual told you how to fix anything like that. I thought it only told "settings" and how to adjust them. Well it did, and I popped the cover off, cleaned the radar with water and alchol, and re-installed the cover like it said and it fixed the problem!!! I'm learning a lot from the people on this great site!! Thank you to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

battetry testing

I have a load tester and did a load test on the battery-It's good!!

Thread placement

Being very new at this, and 81 years of age, I thought that placement of a thread was the thread writer's responsibility. Also 2or 3 answers to a single problem is good, because sometimes 2 of them might be considered and the you find your problem is the third answer. IE, some problems could be complex, and be one of 1, 2 or more causes, and you have to try them all to fix the problem. Lighten up a little, You'll live longer.

Being very new at this, and 81 years of age, I thought that placement of a thread was the thread writer's responsibility. Also 2or 3 answers to a single problem is good, because sometimes 2 of them might be considered and the you find your problem is the third answer. IE, some problems could be complex, and be one of 1, 2 or more causes, and you have to try them all to fix the problem. Lighten up a little, You'll live longer.

HAHA. I always like 4 answers. One guy will be so far out in left field That you wonder what he is talking about.. One guy will have the answer but cant understand it and usually the other two will agree with each other and that's the one that works for me.

Vote of confidence

HAHA. I always like 4 answers. One guy will be so far out in left field That you wonder what he is talking about.. One guy will have the answer but cant understand it and usually the other two will agree with each other and that's the one that works for me.

Thanks mickey! That's where I'm coming from and Dexter just doesn't get it! He ended his thread to me with "Blocked." That's B.S.

A little off subject, does anyone know if when using cruise control if the brake lights come on when it slows the car down? Someone pulled in front of me and jammed their brakes. My car beeped and applied the brakes before I did. Good thing. The car behind me stopped in ample time.
It's excellent this feature was available in 05. I love this car.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

A little off subject, does anyone know if when using cruise control if the brake lights come on when it slows the car down? Someone pulled in front of me and jammed their brakes. My car beeped and applied the brakes before I did. Good thing. The car behind me stopped in ample time.
It's excellent this feature was available in 05. I love this car.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Mine do.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry