Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Service radar cruise

Cady Randy

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Scarlet Pearl XLR
Took the driver side cover off and cleaned it. When looking at the module notice that the front of it looks like it has overspray on it. Looked up a car report on my xlr and in the past it had a minor accident on the left front. Just wondering if that is why my cruise does not work.

Last edited:
module

it may be but they are also known to fail at a very high rate. The cover is plastic and I doubt a little over spray would keep it from working. Has it ever worked? did it just stop? A little rubbing alcohol will remove a lot of base coat paint from the parking lot guys that spray touch up. A real Collison shop removes the bumper to paint it so I doubt it was done by a collision shop. Interesting note. After 2020 cars with dented or scraped bumper covers will have to have the m replaced. They will not allow to be repaired or repainted as the sensors will not read thru them if any thickness is added. So look for insurance cost to go up and up

it may be but they are also known to fail at a very high rate. The cover is plastic and I doubt a little over spray would keep it from working. Has it ever worked? did it just stop? A little rubbing alcohol will remove a lot of base coat paint from the parking lot guys that spray touch up. A real Collison shop removes the bumper to paint it so I doubt it was done by a collision shop. Interesting note. After 2020 cars with dented or scraped bumper covers will have to have the m replaced. They will not allow to be repaired or repainted as the sensors will not read thru them if any thickness is added. So look for insurance cost to go up and up
Well I have to expect the worst and that means the module is bad. Just found one ebay for $400.00

I'm having the same issue Cleaned the unit and even tested with cover removed. I'm thinking since I have three led's in my left rear turn signal not working that might be causing the cruise to not work. Any thoughts?

cruise

what year is your car? I think mostly the 04 and 05 have the bad cruise module. I doubt a couple leds would stop it from working

what year is your car? I think mostly the 04 and 05 have the bad cruise module. I doubt a couple leds would stop it from working

I'm having the same issue Cleaned the unit and even tested with cover removed. I'm thinking since I have three led's in my left rear turn signal not working that might be causing the cruise to not work. Any thoughts?

The turn signal has nothing to do with the Distance Sensing Cruise Control, other than they both use 12 vdc power. If the outer cover is clean, the problem is likely one of three things:

1) Faulty connection in the DSCC circuit (these cars aren't getting any younger).
2) Faulty DSCC module - need to scan the car with the proper diagnostic tool to determine.
3) DSCC out of mechanical alignment - There's a dedicated alignment fixture (Kent-Moore J-45442) to ensure it's pointing properly; any front end damage (or loosening of the DSCC bracket) can throw the module off. These fixtures pop up on eBay occasionally. (See attached pic.)

CCC

J 45442 DSCC Alignment Tool.jpg<strike></strike>

Yes I replaced the tail light and it made no difference. When trouble shooting the dscc the first thing it says is to make sure brake lights are working correctly as they send a message to the BCM that all is well in that department or if some are not working in which it makes the turn signals blink faster. That being said, I connected my tech2 to system to analyze the cruise control and it was inconclusive at this point.

as you indicated . a taillight that is not working properly WILL affect the cruise control module unlike what some say. . Unplug you light and try your cruise. The module alignment may hamper the units proper response but unless its mount is broken and it points to the ground it will not keep it from working. A former member that several of the people on here ran off used to loan his tool and a unit for you to check out the problem. People on here with no money tried to say he was out to make a buck but I know foa fact he gave people parts that needed them. the folks over at the Maserati forums would send you all a thank you as he has saved them many thousands of dollars on parts he has made or had made. Anyone that paid more than a couple hundred dollars or will pay close to a thousand for a body control module can also thank those here that wanted to argue on everything he suggested. He was able to get a body control module to work perfectly for just 200$ . I have one on my car. . He is a member of a site that if you actually make something for the car that can be used you are invited to join.. Unlike this site were most posters have never made a single part for the XLR.

Thanks for your input. I was lucky and found a new BMC for $75 here locally. It's unfortunate that some people run others off instead of helping them with problems. I use a site called alldata and it pretty much addresses every aspect of these cars. Tt outlines how to use a tech2 to analize many problems but sometimes the tech2 does not see the problem or does not address it.

Who had the body control module for $75?? I think that is what is controlling my inside mirror lights that won't go off when the doors close. GM parts in Winston Salem, North Carolina wants about $200!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom