Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Show Me Your Sign

Phrede

Seasoned Member
After some prodding I've made the decision to show my car this year at an indoor show at the Cincinnati Convention Center. This is a step up from your summer outdoor shows. This brings up a need for a small info sign. I know some others have discussed it before, but I'm asking if you could share your ideas again. I'm not interested in a huge sign with every detail, but something small and classy. Probably matching the exterior with lettering matching the interior. Some info is obvious, like year, model owner, city. I'm also thinking about including facts like; Made in Bowling Green, Northstar LC3 engine hand made, 2188 total production, 1 of 59 (year, color, interior).

What other "fun facts" to include?

I just use this one
49d8aec868ff0521d5c01664981bc506.jpg
for my shows. It has how many were made between 2004-2009. Then the production is decided between base and v. A pic of my car. U probably would use one of your car. The window sticker. And other info pertaining to our rides.
a68159ebeb3a47e6c99b58482754ee4b.jpg
and then also make note hand built alongside the vette in bowling green. Then I went to michaels, hobby lobby, or Office Depot and get an adjustable easel.
75ef95a89b76017f57243815e94e6915.jpg

I also made a book on the info pertaining to my xlr that I bring to shows. I have a trifold but the single board is laminated and fits better on the easel

Most of the stuff I just copied and pasted off the xlr site that pertained to the yr produced, yrs when they deleted or added the different specs and etc

Grand daddy 05 gave me some of the ideas
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
After some prodding I've made the decision to show my car this year at an indoor show at the Cincinnati Convention Center. This is a step up from your summer outdoor shows. This brings up a need for a small info sign. I know some others have discussed it before, but I'm asking if you could share your ideas again. I'm not interested in a huge sign with every detail, but something small and classy. Probably matching the exterior with lettering matching the interior. Some info is obvious, like year, model owner, city. I'm also thinking about including facts like; Made in Bowling Green, Northstar LC3 engine hand made, 2188 total production, 1 of 59 (year, color, interior).

What other "fun facts" to include?

This is what I did two years ago.show sign sm.jpg I think I had it at Bowling Green but I am not sure. I designed it in a photo graphics program and my sign is fairly large about 20 x 30 and laminated to a particle board plaque. (this can be printed and laminated at Staples) I built a tripod to hold it with magnets imbedded so it does not blow off plus I all still fits under my top when driving topless. This looks good printed 'letter sized' too so there is no reason you need to have something printed large. :thumbsup

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom