Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Show Us Your XLR

How much? You checked all the lights and the top mechanism to be sure everything works?

The XLR is in MN for $30,000.00, the dealership said they will refund my money and shipping (1200) if not as represented. I have never bought a car sight unseen. USAA is only giving me 12K for my totalled XLR - parts are too difficult to get. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my XLR and want to buy. My 2004 has 150K miles - it is my primary car - I live in Florida and drive year round. I guess I am looking for someone to agree this is an investment and thoughts on 30K for a 2007 vehicle.

Go check out carsforsale.com first. Find the 2007 XLRs. I think you’ll see 30k is a bit high. EG: I see one w 36k for under $29,000.

I paid $27,000 for my 2006 with 28,000 miles on it. I shipped it from Hawaii. I have put about $5,000 into the car so far and I still have to do the convertible roof...but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I LOVE this car. I bought mine sight unseen and there will be things wrong with it. So hire a mechanic in the location near the car to go physically look at it and drive it for you. Well worth a couple hundred bucks to have this done. He will find something wrong and then you can negotiate the price down a litte.

Hi,
Worthy of some math regarding exchange rates and shipping etc? Canadian dollar is pathetic at the moment (great for you)!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/ottawa/2007-cadillac-xlr-v/1458086278

Don't forget: the V models are the 'collector desirables'. This one is @ 24,000 miles.

I've bought a few cars sight-unseen and from as far away as California...never an issue.

Shame the borders are kind of closed at the moment as it would be a nice fly-in, drive home adventure.

HTH!

Gord :thumbsup

Hi,
You should maybe consider requesting a short video with sound of the car, as it shows quite a bit of information , making the shopping less unseen nor comfortable. Request to see the top operating and trunk, motor running, the trunk hole in the back corner, under carpet board, on drivers side, look for water damage in hydraulic top pump area, also interior & exterior of the car! You may also want to consider the front of the convertible top above the windshield to look for separation in the center, but I believe that problem was mostly on 04-05. This is great way see what you are considering on purchasing! Depending on how the videos are shared to you, they need to do 2 or 3 short videos! Hope this helps and Good Luck on shopping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw a black 06 v at my local credit union. The owner happened to still be at the counter.

Mine... ;-)

outside 9.jpg
IMG_5328.jpg

Last edited:
The XLR is in MN for $30,000.00, the dealership said they will refund my money and shipping (1200) if not as represented. I have never bought a car sight unseen. USAA is only giving me 12K for my totalled XLR - parts are too difficult to get. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my XLR and want to buy. My 2004 has 150K miles - it is my primary car - I live in Florida and drive year round. I guess I am looking for someone to agree this is an investment and thoughts on 30K for a 2007 vehicle.
Fight for more money. Show them examples of replacement cost.

Fight for more money. Show them examples of replacement cost.
I may have given the wrong impression that I plan on flipping the car. That is so far from the truth. This is a 20 year love affair and I'm going to nurture my XLR for as long as I can..

That's interesting, I didn't know you could remove just the top like a targa, can you?
I actually converted it to targa only and removed all the hydraulics and adapted the latching for the targa, and fixed in position the rear window section. I bought the car very very cheap with decent mileage, but to fix the top operation would have tripled or more what I paid for the car. So I got creative and actually like the targa look better, reminds me of when I had targa C4 corvettes. Plus saved me almost 100lbs in weight.

Attachments

• IMG_7510.JPG
    IMG_7510.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 167
  • IMG_7504.JPG
    IMG_7504.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_7503.JPG
    IMG_7503.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 163
  • IMG_7506.jpg
    IMG_7506.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 147
I actually converted it to targa only and removed all the hydraulics and adapted the latching for the targa, and fixed in position the rear window section. I bought the car very very cheap with decent mileage, but to fix the top operation would have tripled or more what I paid for the car. So I got creative and actually like the targa look better, reminds me of when I had targa C4 corvettes. Plus saved me almost 100lbs in weight.
Really cool idea. Is there a lot of wind buffetting?

I thought I would talk about a trip that I took with the XLR during the height of the pandemic. I drove from the Tuscan coast to London in 2 days. The first night I stopped in Metz, in Eastern France. I had wanted to visit the killing fields of Verdun - 80 kilometers from Metz (pronounced 'Mes') and also the resting place of thousands of young American soldiers who died in 1917 and 1918 mostly from wounds suffered in battle against the Germans but some, ironically, who succumbed to the first wave of the Spanish Influenza that killed 50 million worldwide. And now exactly 102 years later we are suffering through another pandemic. It was a sobering experience but let me start at the beginning.

This was last Saturday morning - I had left Tuscany and was at a service station somewhere between Genova and Alessandria when I stopped for coffee and gasoline at 09:00. As you can see the service station is deserted because Italy is in full COVID-19 lockdown as was France as you will see later on. I have also snapped a photo of the empty autostrada ahead of me on that Saturday morning. Even in the depths of the COVID lockdown last year in the U.S. I never saw the roads this empty!

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle Asphalt Mode of transport

As you can see from the photo above the highway is empty!

Sky Vehicle Car Tire Cloud

And here I have arrived in the flatlands before climbing into the French Alps at Aosta and on to the 4,800 meter-tall Monte Bianco and its 11.7 kilometer long tunnel for which one pays the bagatelle of $55 to drive through! And the road sign tells you how far I have to go - so I have basically already driven 250 kilometers to get to this point. It is telling me that the town of Aosta is 17 km away; the Mont Blanc is 61 km; Geneva (CH) is 153 km; and Paris (F) if 684 km. By the end of the evening I will have driven approximately 1,100 km in 2 countries. Anyway, I will stop here for tonight and pick it up further along.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom