Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

So Long. It Was A Great Ride

rexster314

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Base Infrared
And then it wasn't.
If you've read about my journey with my XLR, then you know what happened with my XLR 2 years ago. Suffice it to say, Sterling McCall Cadillac had it for a year for a steering gear problem, and the next thing you know I'm being told the shocks need replacement, the EBCM was bad, a bolt was dropped into a fender resulting in them taking the body off the frame to retrieve it and the resulting mess they left the car in when I picked it up a year later,.
After a week of consideration we sold it. Sorry to see it go, but at a time in our lives, we felt it was time to move on.
So good luck and goodbye to all ya'll

Rex,,, Sorry to see you depart the forum, but I totally understand. Reading along with your patience during your ordeal, I wondered if your car was a jinxed lemon, or serviced at a dealership with some hack claiming to be a qualified technician? Maybe a little of both? I'm surprised it took you so long to decide to sell that car, but you gave it a chance to overcome the long-endured crap that you went through.

Best wishes

Sorry to see you go. You know, you can still hang around.

Thanks for the help you have offered in the past and good luck as you move forward.

Sorry to hear, good luck on your next adventure.

Rex,,, Sorry to see you depart the forum, but I totally understand. Reading along with your patience during your ordeal, I wondered if your car was a jinxed lemon, or serviced at a dealership with some hack claiming to be a qualified technician? Maybe a little of both? I'm surprised it took you so long to decide to sell that car, but you gave it a chance to overcome the long-endured crap that you went through.

Best wishes
The car was certainly not a jinxed lemon. It was a great car until Sterling McCall got hold of it. There was no qualified service tech there, only people that knew how to Remove and Replace. I had two local techs I trust to check it out and they threw their hands up after using their scan tools. Too many things wrong and at that point I was throwing good money after bad.

Yes sorry to hear you sold it. A dealer that told you they removed the body from the frame is full of it. i would not left them pump up a tire .That's about 100 plus hours of labor just to unbound all the seams. Only one I ever saw was a guy cut the body up and threw it away as he just wanted a frame and drive line to put under an old caddy. He then listed the frame for sale as he could not do the job.they mis informed you about what they did for a dropped bolt. Find you a new fun toy and let us know what you get.

Wow!!! Sorry to hear all that happened. Being a former auto body technician I find it hard to believe they would have had to do a body off to retrieve a bolt that fell in the fender well, pull the fender off to retrieve it maybe and also that's what telescopic magnets are for. Perhaps someone at the dealer wanted your car creating drama to get you to throw your hands in the air to just sell it cheap to be done with it.
Yes, get another toy, maybe a 60's muscle car that you can actually work on. I agree, the tech's these days are not techs, they are primadonna part changers, they let all the scanners tell them what to do and what to change, auto body technicians are the same way these days, they can't fix a damn dent, they want to cut your car apart. It's sad.
Good luck going forward, you will be missed.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom