Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Steering column problem-Driver position module?

justdennis

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Black XLR-V
The power tilt and telescope function quit working on my 2007 V after I tried to perform a column calibration with an XTool D7 scanner. After going back and forth with the company for a couple of weeks trying to resolve the problem their best guess is a lack of lubrication on the gear drive or a loose wire. There is a chance that it could be a coincidence that just when I tried their scanner something else failed but it's not likely. I have tried to perform that function with the scanner many times since and every time it will move the column up or down about an inch and then freeze up again. Their technicians are sure it's not the fault of their scanner, but they didn't even know the D7 had the capability to perform that function when I first contacted them about the problem, so I'm done with them.
Any idea's, I have already tried disconnecting the battery for a few days. I am hoping the Driver Position Module just needs reprograming. Will a Tech II fix the problem, or do I need to go to the dealer?
Thanks for any help you can give me, and if you're considering purchasing a scanner to use on your XLR, I would hold off on buying an XTool.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom