Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Stock Intake Piping Needed

Nixon's XLR-V

My XLR/V(s)
2007 Xenon Blue XLR-V
Anyone have the stock intake piping that runs around the supercharger? I would like to find an extra for a project. I do not need the lower section with the filters, just the one that splits and goes around and connects to the piping that runs into the throttle body.

Thanks
Anthony

80 views and no one has one or know were I can find one?

I guess we are all curious what you are up to. Maybe D3 would have one you could buy?
Bruce

I want to remove the silencer boxes to see if it free's up any HP and any increase in supercharger sound. I want to retain my engine cover which cant be done with the D3 upper intake. I will mate it with the D3 lower intake and see the outcome. If it doesnt work, i can reinstall my factory piping with a lower d3 intake

I haven't tried- but I wonder if there's a way to modify the stock engine cover so you can retain some of it to put back on...

I've seen this done on other engines after installing larger intakes...

hmm

I have one but it is not available. Replacing the stock intake and re tuning will gain about 30 hp and 30 ft lb at the rear wheels. Without the intake mufflers, it does whine, a lot when you are at full throttle. Whit and others have refitted the stock cover with some trimming to adapt to the modified pipes.

Searching the forum should result in additional information.

Bob

Whit and others have refitted the stock cover with some trimming to adapt to the modified pipes.

Searching the forum should result in additional information.

Bob

Some quick searching didn't turn up anything for me... :dunno:

Can you point us to some examples of modified covers? I'd love to get mine to fit over my D3 runners :)

I want to remove the silencer boxes to see if it free's up any HP and any increase in supercharger sound. I want to retain my engine cover which cant be done with the D3 upper intake. I will mate it with the D3 lower intake and see the outcome. If it doesnt work, i can reinstall my factory piping with a lower d3 intake

Here is data supporting the effect of changing the air intake and removing the air intake silencers. At least one of the members here has a modified intake with the engine cover installed. It looks very similar to stock, with trimmed plastic where needed in the front.

Come to the MAM Corvette/XLR show in September and/or the Corvette/XLR homecoming. There will be several examples to get ideas from. Good luck with your project.

Hello,
I know we are building another rear intake pipe for a customer. They are a pain to install if you dont already the blower coming off. If there is interest in this, we can look at producing it again.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Anyone have the stock intake piping that runs around the supercharger? I would like to find an extra for a project. I do not need the lower section with the filters, just the one that splits and goes around and connects to the piping that runs into the throttle body.

Thanks
Anthony

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry