Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! stock rwhp dyno numbers for xlr-v

C

cmr

Does any one have stock rwhp numbers from a dyno day? I understand that everybodys dyno is going to produce diffrent numbers but I am looking to compile an average. This is for xlrv owners. Thank you for your time.

455.1 @ the rw wheel at 136 mph, 6500 rpm's with forced air from fans up front..........Boost 10.50
Was told it converts to 565 HP at the fly wheels.
3D Design in Signal Hill, Cal. called it WICKED.:blinzel:
Does any one have stock rwhp numbers from a dyno day? I understand that everybodys dyno is going to produce diffrent numbers but I am looking to compile an average. This is for xlrv owners. Thank you for your time.

Thank you for the help.The stock bhp(brake horse power )(at flywheel) is 443 from the factory so it would be impossible to have a higher number at the rear wheels without being modified. I am looking for unmodified baseline vehicles.Again thank you for your help.

Had the V dyno'd at Vengeance Racing, bone stock and rwhp was 356. Had it tuned at Xtremenotorsports and the bone stock numbers were 381 rwhp and 389 torque. Should equate to just under 500 at the crank.:):):):) better numbers than my C6.

Had the V dyno'd at Vengeance Racing, bone stock and rwhp was 356. Had it tuned at Xtremenotorsports and the bone stock numbers were 381 rwhp and 389 torque. Should equate to just under 500 at the crank.:):):):) better numbers than my C6.

Can you tell us exactly what they did?

Thanks,
Floyd (BB)

Can you tell us exactly what they did?

Thanks,
Floyd (BB)

Fuel mapping was tuned, speed limiter was increased and rpm was increased to red line limits. Nothing done to the internals only the computer fine tuned to specs..........

Have you had any modifications done prior to the tune. Intake, exhaust, plugs, etc...

Before and after air intake change. Rear wheel numbers.

Graph.jpg

I put my XLR-V back to stock to get some warranty work done... and before I tear it apart again, I decided to get it base lined on a dyno...

I'm in Houston and Hennessey is here so I now have an appointment for them to do some pulls next week. I'll post the chart when I get it.

I'll also post a the final dyno chart after putting the D3 stage 2 intake, D3 headers and cats, the exhaust baffle bypass, Lingenfelter 176 Degree Thermostat, and new forgeline 3-peice wheels.

I brought my car back to 100% stock before this dyno run was done... its pretty hot and humid here in Houston... also, I had to drive 45mins to get to Hennessey Performance out in Sealy, TX so the engine was plenty warmed up and heat-soaked... the chart shows a 95deg ambient temp which also didn't help things... my guess that these numbers are about as bad as they'd get.

xlrv-baseline.jpg

IMG_3546.jpg

IMG_3552.jpg

I brought my car back to 100% stock before this dyno run was done... its pretty hot and humid here in Houston... also, I had to drive 45mins to get to Hennessey Performance out in Sealy, TX so the engine was plenty warmed up and heat-soaked... the chart shows a 95deg ambient temp which also didn't help things... my guess that these numbers are about as bad as they'd get.

xlrv-baseline.jpg

IMG_3546.jpg

IMG_3552.jpg

No way should your HP be more than Torque,:dunno: might get a second opinion

Could heat soak explain the differences?

My XLR-V was almost driven an hour on the way to the dyno where it was hooked up pretty much when I arrived (they were waiting for me). Additionally it was pretty humid and it was 95deg.

The first graph in the thread was done in Ohio in Feb... I imagine it must have been pretty cold then - perhaps less than 40deg?

The 2nd graphin this thread was done in Indiana in May... I would imagine it was still cold then there too.

Thoughts?

Could heat soak explain the differences?

My XLR-V was almost driven an hour on the way to the dyno where it was hooked up pretty much when I arrived (they were waiting for me). Additionally it was pretty humid and it was 95deg.

The first graph in the thread was done in Ohio in Feb... I imagine it must have been pretty cold then - perhaps less than 40deg?

The 2nd graphin this thread was done in Indiana in May... I would imagine it was still cold then there too.

Thoughts?

Not sure about the technical stuff but I drove my XLR-V 300 miles to my tuner and it was super hot and high humidity. I have never seen HP numbers higher than torque. Not much experience but have had 23 Corvettes over the years to include two C-5's, one C-6 new generation and in all cases the torque was higher than the HP. This is only my personal experience. I live in Kennesaw, GA and my tuner is in Florida.:dunno:

Not sure about the technical stuff but I drove my XLR-V 300 miles to my tuner and it was super hot and high humidity. I have never seen HP numbers higher than torque. Not much experience but have had 23 Corvettes over the years to include two C-5's, one C-6 new generation and in all cases the torque was higher than the HP. This is only my personal experience. I live in Kennesaw, GA and my tuner is in Florida.:dunno:

Hmm.. I'll ping Hennessey tomorrow and see what they say about it...

Do you have the dyno graphs of your car?

GM rates the crank output to be 443 hp and 414 ft-lb of torque - thats more hp than torque - what's your thought on that? :confused:

Hmm.. I'll ping Hennessey tomorrow and see what they say about it...

Do you have the dyno graphs of your car?

GM rates the crank output to be 443 hp and 414 ft-lb of torque - thats more hp than torque - what's your thought on that? :confused:

Go to post #10 those are my numbers. What is posted in the literature is generic, each engine is hand built, none the same, but all the ECM's are generic. Takes a tune to get maximum performance. My engine for example is a LC3 which is supposed to be 469 HP, it is a one off, show car with the ZR6 RPO code. I was real happy with what my tuner did. My C-6 (2006) corvette only dyno'd 352 but was rated by the factory at 400 hp. All dyno's are different my first baseline dyno was 354 rwhp and blew away every other CTS V that was there. Just notice that you have the 2006 and I have the 2009, don't know if that makes the difference.

Go to post #10 those are my numbers. What is posted in the literature is generic, each engine is hand built, none the same, but all the ECM's are generic. Takes a tune to get maximum performance. My engine for example is a LC3 which is supposed to be 469 HP, it is a one off, show car with the ZR6 RPO code. I was real happy with what my tuner did. My C-6 (2006) corvette only dyno'd 352 but was rated by the factory at 400 hp. All dyno's are different my first baseline dyno was 354 rwhp and blew away every other CTS V that was there. Just notice that you have the 2006 and I have the 2009, don't know if that makes the difference.

I spoke with Hennessey - they're telling me that excessive heat will cause the motor to pull timing and cause the output to drop significantly in a hot environment. Apparently this happens frequently in a hot climate area like Texas.

Hello,
Actually this is very common. It's quite common for these cars to make more HP than TQ initially. Once you start adding more boost to them, they will slowly start to make more TQ than HP.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics