Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Swap 2005 XLR front bumper 4 XLR-V front bumper

Golhock

My XLR/V(s)
Black /Black 2005 XLR
Where can I find an XLR-V front bumper that will fit my 2005 Black XLR base ..??
I like the look better..and I will be getting an after market Grille for the top and I would like to match a full length grille on the bottom as well..thank you for taking the time to read and glad to help out anyway I can.
Also..I am going to need additional parts..
If anyone has a great "go to" parts provider..I'm all ears..thank you guys!

Moving out of the Proving Grounds forum and into the XLR Tech forum...

Hi Rob..thank you for replying quickly..I'm navigating through this great site..albeit not very well on my behalf..I wanted to post to the part of forum where I may be able to get some assistance in finding a good supplier that comes highly recommended. I'm gathering you forwarded my thread?
Larry

Yes the proper forum to post in is the hardest of any site I have used over the last 20 years.
Your front bumper change has been done and mostly you just wind up with a bigger lower vent hole for a lot of money. I think I have all the part numbers to do it new.

Thank you Long Tall Sally..Love the name by the way..what kind of cheese are we talking about here...the fog lights appear different .and the scoop is different also it looks like.. XLR _V fender.jpg
This is what I'm looking to get..full length grilles on top and bottom.

If your bumper fascia is not damaged. The E&G grille is a direct fit. The oem lower grille is also a direct fit. I purchased both from ebay. A lower grille is now offered on ebay for approx. $150. Type XLR V grille 10355564. Posted grille shows for XLR V with tow and has a small 1.5 in hole in it. Don't worry it will fit with no problem. I purchased a small Cadillac emblem off ebay, covered the hole and save $300. car turned out beautiful.

If your bumper fascia is not damaged. The E&G grille is a direct fit. The oem lower grille is also a direct fit. I purchased both from ebay. A lower grille is now offered on ebay for approx. $150. Type XLR V grille 10355564. Posted grille shows for XLR V with tow and has a small 1.5 in hole in it. Don't worry it will fit with no problem. I purchased a small Cadillac emblem off ebay, covered the hole and save $300. car turned out beautiful.

This is great, my grille is banged up and I strapped together a fix, but couldn't find an OEM replacement. Will have to see what I think about the tow hook hole, might go your route of covering it up with emblem.

Anyone know what the part number is for the mounting screws/snaps/whatever that go through the holes in the grill to attach to the bumper?

Thank you Tony..my bumper is not damaged..the reason I'm looking to change the upper n lower grilles is two fold.. 1. I like the look of the after market Lower and upper grilles 2. The factory lower grille that comes with my XLR is cheap plastic and is missing lots of its teeth..and to replace with factory plastic again doesnt make sense.
You wouldn't by chance have any links for both grilles would you?
And if you have a couple pictures of your XLR with the new grilles...I'd love to see them..
Thank you again..I appreciate it.
Larry

Hey Tony..i have talked to E and G and they are telling me that the reason for the smaller grille on the base XLR..(mine is a 2005 Base) is that the Adaptive Cruise control box is behind the black plastic on the drivers side..and to put a full length metal grille on the lower..would make the ACC inoperable...As the ACC unit must look through plastic and not metal.
I for sure would not want to lose the feature of ACC..
Have you heard this?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back