Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Tech 2 pays for itself!

David_B

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
N/Z
So, somehow my trunk was left open overnight. It only got damp inside from a light drizzle.

So I closed the trunk.

Next time I opened the top, it wouldn't close again. :(

After learning how to manually close it I hoped when the trunk area completely dried out from it's remaining dampness it would work again, but no such luck.

I did check for water in the driver's side cubby in the trunk, I am debating removing the rubber drain, it actually keeps about 1/32nd inch of water in the bottom since it's not really flat with it and I read new models don't even have them anyway.

SOO, I had bought a New Tech 2 2 months ago, for such an occasion!

One power top calibration later and I'm good to go again! Yay :thumbsup

I wonder why they didn't make the calibration for the top something that could be done from the dash like the window re-index is?

Since all the motion sensors are 10 years old, I'm debating on just replacing them all. There's just no fixing something when it's getting old, sometimes you need to replace things.

On the other hand, will 10 year old stock parts be any better?

You gotta love when something works out for the good. Nice job!
I don't know about you saying "There's just no fixing something when it's getting old, sometimes you need to replace things." If that was the case we'd all be with twenty yr. olds. :lol::thumbsup:blinzel:

Question you say the trunk was accidentally left open. Do you mean wide open and if not wide open how does it stay partly open?
When I first had mine I had went to the store parked way out in nomans land. Not a car around. I do my shopping come out of the store and my trunk is wide open. :( No one around it, so I walk up I had nothing in the trunk and their was nothing out of place. Came to the conclusion that I must of somehow hit the trunk button on the pad when it was in my pocket.:dunno: hasnt happened again and hope it never does.

Question you say the trunk was accidentally left open. Do you mean wide open and if not wide open how does it stay partly open?
When I first had mine I had went to the store parked way out in nomans land. Not a car around. I do my shopping come out of the store and my trunk is wide open. :( No one around it, so I walk up I had nothing in the trunk and their was nothing out of place. Came to the conclusion that I must of somehow hit the trunk button on the pad when it was in my pocket.:dunno: hasn't happened again and hope it never does.

I've inadvertently "butt dialed" my trunk switch on the remote, too. Someone suggested using the valet switch, if it's something that happens a lot. My "cure" was to put the fob in a little, nylon case, with a velcro closure. This usually protects it, in my case, anyhow.:(

Tim

Yes, it was wide open. I'm guessing I did the same thing and hit the trunk button when pulling it out of my pocket.

i also opened my trunk inadvertently when getting out of the car. scared me to death as i was in a parking garage with rather low clearance.
i watched in slow motion as the trunk extended to within a few inches of the concrete!!!
i was afraid to hang on it to make it stop and didnt know what to press to halt its rise...
in those few seconds i mentally went over how to remove the rear brake light, cost to replace, where i could order it from,
it was funny and horrible all in 4 seconds.
note to self, make friends with xlr owner with tech 2 who knows how to use it :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom