Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The dented center consol

Stefan

Hi everyone! I'm a proud Swedish owner of one of very few XLRs in this part of the world. I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. Haven't seen that many Europeans on here and certainly no Swede. My car is a red 2004 with black leather, in very good condition. I picked up the car in May this year and sure, I have experienced some of the typical minor problems with this model, but nothing worse than with any of my other cars. I'm very fond of my Caddy!

My first question here is if anybody has given the center consol trim plate from American Car Craft a shot, to cover up the dents that always seem to plague the center consol on these cars. Can anybody recommend it, as a "quick fix"? My consol is unfortunately both scratched and dented, very difficult to refresh as it is.

Thank you/Stefan

Hello Stefan. I have the same center console problem on my 2004. I contacted American regarding the trim plate. They claim it is for 2004 to 2009. This is not applicable to the 2004 as we have three cut outs for traction, convertible switch and light for passenger Air bag off. The unit they supply only has two cut outs. Evidently the image they show has a Cadillac Emblem where we have the Passenger Air Bag alert light. They do not include the Cadillac Emblem and I could not ascertain if indeed under that emblem is there a cutout. Without clarification on this I did not order the Panel. Perhaps if you find out something different please let me know.. Regards Hugh

Hi Hugh and thanks for your respond! The company has this disclaimer on their website, maybe added lately: "NOTE: 2004-2005 models will have their passenger air bag indicators covered up by this piece. We will update the design to accommodate this indicator light as soon as we have an XLR in our facility again."

Actually I came across some customer comments that dealt with exactly this. Don't remember exactly where now, but someone was very unhappy about the not included Cadillac emblem and that there was no cutout for the airbag alert.

I will check this further and post an update here.

Thank you Stefan. We still have not heard from any owner who has actually used this item. It must be simple for them to make the third cutout but aside from that is the product any good. . Please keep me posted. Hugh

the ones I have seen are fairly thick and look like something just glued on top of the console .however I think they look better than a beat up dented original.

Thanks Mickeytee. Perhaps someone who has one will reply. At the moment it is redundant as they do not have one for the 2004. Hugh

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom