Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Trunk issues, lid not staying up while stowing stuff in the trunk.

geepapa

My XLR/V(s)
1GC6YV36A485601273
We just bought a pretty 2008 Ours is golden quartz metallic / cashmere and liquid amethyst and is exclusive to the platinum edition. It appears there were only 9 of these made in 2008
The trunk lid works fine to stay up for stowing the top and when putting top back up, but when I use the fob or the dash button, the lid goes up and then immediately starts down with considerable force to latch as it should. The Cadillac dealer I just bought it from said it was the struts and claimed he did not know of this problem as the top down and up operation keeps the trunk lid in the up position just fine. He would not fix it, and told me it would be easy and cheap to do it myself when I got back home here to Montana. Is it the struts or something more sinister?

I'm no expert but it does sound like the struts are bad, I would start there. That may solve your problem and it's not difficult or expensive. Good luck

Thanks, I ordered a pair and will see it the lid will stay up.

From everything I've read it sounds like that deck lid is very heavy so make sure you have help and/or support to hold it wide open before you start.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom