Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Trunk lid problems--

Jack, I'm going to move your thread from the Site Help and Feedback forum - to the XLR Tech Forum for greater exposure...

The trunk lid goes up fine will not stay in the up position. Any help would be appreciated. 2009 XLR Platium

Jack,

I’m having same issue. I replaced the struts but I’m still having the issue. Did you resolve your trunk closing problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say that it will not stay up, do you mean that the deck lid closes slowly on its own without the pump running? Or do you mean the deck lid goes up and then the pump turns back on and closes the decklid on its own? If it is the former, check the manual relief valve on the hydraulic pump in the well in the trunk under the carpet on the left side. I had to tighten my relief valve with a pair of pliers or my deck lid would drop on its own. It also made the trunk and top actuate much faster.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

When you say that it will not stay up, do you mean that the deck lid closes slowly on its own without the pump running? Or do you mean the deck lid goes up and then the pump turns back on and closes the decklid on its own? If it is the former, check the manual relief valve on the hydraulic pump in the well in the trunk under the carpet on the left side. I had to tighten my relief valve with a pair of pliers or my deck lid would drop on its own. It also made the trunk and top actuate much faster.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thanks for this. I will have mechanic check it out. Yes, my trunk (lid) opens but falls immediately once it reaches the fully open position - it does not appear that the pump turns back on (unless this is a silent action - it just seems to fall and does so pretty quickly). Oddly, when I put the top down, the trunk stays up for the process and doesn’t interfere with that action at all. When the trunk closed as the last action of putting top down it seems to close differently (properly).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am also having an issue with my 2009 XLR Platinum. I need Part # 19210515 which is Folding top stowage compartment Front close out panel position switch. The Dealership is out of stock. Also tried many other sources. Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions?

Retractable top problems

Jeff

On the above heading is an advertiser TH Hydraulic that sell parts for the retractable top, also he has made many videos explaining how the top works and how to do some repairs.
( click on its web address)

Give him a call he is friendly and open for help.

Good seeing.

IAN :wave:

hard to believe but the auto parts store shows to have them

well they showed they had them at the warehouse but I ordered 2 and they say out of stock. someone on here needed the same switch and found the same one with another part number a while back.

Access Denied

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry