Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Trunk not operational

mtrocket

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Red Jewel XLR
My friend has an '04. His trunk will operate correctly when putting the top up or down. but not at any other time. The fob button will not operate it (has new battery), the "open trunk" button inside does not operate it. He has to lift it by hand, after getting the fob close the trunk. Then, when open, the "close trunk' button on the trunk lid will not close the trunk' he has to close it by hand. But, the electric pull down will lock the trunk after the trunk is closed. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!!

MT,
I had the same issue with mine, and eventually the top would not raise. It turned out that the front position (tonneau) sensor was bad. The readings on the TechII would show the position as ‘mid’. What I believe was happening is that the top cycle would not complete because the front tonneau sensor was not in the ‘closed’ position, so the Top Control Module thinks the top is still in mid cycle. i think the car cannot initiate a trunk open/close if the top cycle is not complete. After replacing the front tonneau top sensor, everything worked fine and the top cycle completed, allowing the truck to open and close. That was a sensor I bought in 2014 and squirreled away.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom