Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Trunk

JL-Z

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven XLR
I'm lost. First, the XLR's locking system locks with the trunk in the air; I look in the trunk, maybe I touched the separation bottom and now I close the trunk by hand and now it is blocked too.
I try to unlock it by hand with the emergency key and this key does not fit in the barrel !!.... to believe that it is not the right key; I have had the car for 5 years and I must admit that I have never tried this key in the rear bumper... have you ever heard of this case?

Well you certainly need the key . you can order it by vin, sometimes if the dealer will work with you. You should be able to pull the green handle glow in the dark emergency release in the trunk to unlock the truck latch. It may be out of alignment and the metal striker on the trunk can bend the latch preventing it from snapping open. Also if you cannot get a key take the latch trim off. Tie a cable to the latch and follow it under the car toward the bumper key slot. Make a loop on the cable and tuck it up under the bumper. That way you can pull it to release the trunk if the battery ever goes dead. Without that key working you are in for a lot of work to get the trunk open .

I intend to go see a locksmith and have a key made because here in France, there are not many Cadillac dealers, for the moment it's the holidays.... it's still weird to have a key with the Cadillac logo and that it is not the right one!... Tssss!!....My car for the moment is top down, I can drive with it, the battery is ok.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom