Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

UPMARKET2

UPMARKET2

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR RED
IN AUGUST I BECAME THE PROUD OWNER OF AN ' 07 INFRARED XLR, AND I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY DECISION. I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS FOR MY FELLOW OWNERS. FIRST I AM INTERESTED IN BUYING A WINDSCREEN, BUT DON'T HAVE ENOUGH INFORMATION. SECOUND MY XLR DOES NOT HAVE MANY MILES AND STILL HAS THE ORIGINAL TIRES AND I AM QUESTIONED IF I SHOULD REPLACE THE TIRES WITH THE NO-FLAT MICHELIN OR ANOTHER QUALITY TIRE WITHOUT THE NO-FLAT FEATURE. ANY OTHER INFORMATION THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL TO A NEW XLR OWNER WOULD BE APPRECIATED. WE ARE RETIRED LIVING IN TEXAS. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

First of all... welcome to the XLR-net. Sounds like you & I have twins... mine is an '07 Infrared as well.
You should think about coming up to Montana in June for the drive!! Here is the link:
https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/events/5964-montana-spring-drive-2013-a.html
There has been quite a bit of discussion on both of your topics... here is the link to the windscreen discussion:
https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadillac-xlr-general-discussion/6081-windscreen-opinion.html
Here are a few link to the fun flat vs non run flat discussions:
https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadillac-xlr-general-discussion/6004-tires.html
https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadillac-xlr-technical-discussion/4722-run-flat-buy.html
https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadillac-xlr-v/2736-run-flat-tires.html
There are others as well, just do a search for "tires" in the search box...

If you have questions that these don't answer, ask away and I'm sure someone will pipe up...

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your new baby. I am new as well and I am having a good time with XLR Net

I cannot help you on either question as I do not have a wind screen and the prior owner of my car had just put new on new tires. So, I am pretty worthless on this one. Some would say I pretty much worthless on everything but that is a topic for a whole new thread.:lol:

Howdy!

Welcome to the XLR-NET!

We always love to see pictures of our member's rides!

As to the tire issue, due to the low mileage of Crimson Pearl, I still have the Michelin Pilot run-flats on my car. I have no issues with the "ride quality", I think the car rides and drives great!

When the time does come to replace tires, I plan to replace with another set of run-flats. I like the safety and security of having a run-flat tire.

WELCOME! You have a great car & have found a great forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy both.

Welcome to the forum!! You won't find a better group of people sharing such a great passion for the XLR. :wave:

Mike

Welcome to the site. Glad your here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IN AUGUST I BECAME THE PROUD OWNER OF AN ' 07 INFRARED XLR, AND I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY DECISION. I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS FOR MY FELLOW OWNERS. FIRST I AM INTERESTED IN BUYING A WINDSCREEN, BUT DON'T HAVE ENOUGH INFORMATION. SECOUND MY XLR DOES NOT HAVE MANY MILES AND STILL HAS THE ORIGINAL TIRES AND I AM QUESTIONED IF I SHOULD REPLACE THE TIRES WITH THE NO-FLAT MICHELIN OR ANOTHER QUALITY TIRE WITHOUT THE NO-FLAT FEATURE. ANY OTHER INFORMATION THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL TO A NEW XLR OWNER WOULD BE APPRECIATED. WE ARE RETIRED LIVING IN TEXAS. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

I too have a 06 infrared. Mine at time of purchase only had 20758 miles. Now I just turned 23 k on her. I'm over in Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!! I'M ON THIS SITE EVERY DAY GETTING INFORMATION ABOUT THESE CARS. I ALSO A NEW MEMBER IN DECEMBER OF 2012, WITH A 2004 CRIMSON PEARL XLR ITS GOT 13,800 MILES ON HER AND LOVING IT. MY CAR CAME WITH A GEN. MOTOR WINDSCREEN ON HER WHEN I GOT THE CAR. BUT THE WEATHER IN CINCINNATI,OHIO IN JANUARY JUST DOESN'T WORK FOR TOP DOWN DAYS. I BELIEVE YOU GET AROUND 15,000 MILES OR SO OUT OF RUN-FLATS TIRES. MY TIRES ARE AT 6-7/32 OF TREAD. I PURCHASE A SET OF PIRELLI P ZERO NERO A/S TREADWEAR 400, TRACTION AA, TEMPERATURE A. THEY WILL BE ON IN THE SPRING. AND I CAN'T WAIT TILL WARM WEATHER SO THAT TOP COME DOWN. :wave:

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!! I'M ON THIS SITE EVERY DAY GETTING INFORMATION ABOUT THESE CARS. I ALSO A NEW MEMBER IN DECEMBER OF 2012, WITH A 2004 CRIMSON PEARL XLR ITS GOT 13,800 MILES ON HER AND LOVING IT. MY CAR CAME WITH A GEN. MOTOR WINDSCREEN ON HER WHEN I GOT THE CAR. BUT THE WEATHER IN CINCINNATI,OHIO IN JANUARY JUST DOESN'T WORK FOR TOP DOWN DAYS. I BELIEVE YOU GET AROUND 15,000 MILES OR SO OUT OF RUN-FLATS TIRES. MY TIRES ARE AT 6-7/32 OF TREAD. I PURCHASE A SET OF PIRELLI P ZERO NERO A/S TREADWEAR 400, TRACTION AA, TEMPERATURE A. THEY WILL BE ON IN THE SPRING. AND I CAN'T WAIT TILL WARM WEATHER SO THAT TOP COME DOWN. :wave:

I had Goodyear run flats on my 07, changed them out to Michelin run flats in October, just before her long winter's nap - had just under 38000 miles on them.

Welcome!
I replaced my run flats that had under 7,500 miles on them with some Michelins, much happier with the ride: quieter, softer and feels better in the corners although I also installed the rear sway bar. I carry a CAA card (AKA AAA card) for most tire emergencies and a small compressor and repair kit just in case the CAA card is getting me nowhere! You should check the date on your tires, it is moulded into the tires on the build date. If we can assume there are factory installs they should not be more than a few months older than the actual build date of the car. The general rule of thumb is tires should be replaced after 7 years, check w your tire dealer.

I have the Windrestrictor with the lighting kit. I personally dont think these work all that well for the wind when all the windows are down; perhaps a 15-20% reduction, although they make quite a difference if you put the windows up if your cell phone rings: at least they can hear you as you tell them you have to pull over....lol!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom