Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

V came in what year?

Survivor

Hi,
I'm new to this. I want to get an XLR_V and thought there first year was 2005, am I correct? If so can anyone tell me if there were any problems with the first ones.?:confused: I'll take all the info I can get.

Thanks for reading,
Survivor

Survivor,

The "V" was introduced in 2006. There were quite a few problems with the XLR in it's debut year 2004. By 2006, happily, virtually all of the new model year problems have been addressed. Odd problems do pop up, as with any car. I have had no problems so far.

If you're still on the fence concerning your purchase I fully recommend you zip on down to your friendly Caddy dealer and plunk down your $$$$$$, I can tell you it will do wonders for you!!!

Good luck,
Floyd

Find a 06-V, drive it, buy it. Now you have to do it in that order. Just kick that puppy at a light and I think you will, as Floyd said, plunk yo money down. Good buys are out there now.
Survivor,

The "V" was introduced in 2006. There were quite a few problems with the XLR in it's debut year 2004. By 2006, happily, virtually all of the new model year problems have been addressed. Odd problems do pop up, as with any car. I have had no problems so far.

If you're still on the fence concerning your purchase I fully recommend you zip on down to your friendly Caddy dealer and plunk down your $$$$$$, I can tell you it will do wonders for you!!!

Good luck,
Floyd

Yes, all of the boys are right .....
You can definetly find some awesome buys right now too .... and the best part is that some people bought the car ..... didn't drive them to keep the milage down (?), stored it in their garages, paid a couple of years payments, insurance and took the depreciation for you! Now you can buy it at a teriffic price, drive the h*ll out of it and take advantage of their loss! :blinzel:

Good luck, I hope you find the car of your dreams, and join us on some of our jaunts .... you will have the best of both worlds ..... the most awesome car and friends ever!

RA

Thank you for using a larger font, makes things so much easier to read.
I'd even think of buying an extra V with really low mileage and low cost.
Yes, all of the boys are right .....
You can definetly find some awesome buys right now too .... and the best part is that some people bought the car ..... didn't drive them to keep the milage down (?), stored it in their garages, paid a couple of years payments, insurance and took the depreciation for you! Now you can buy it at a teriffic price, drive the h*ll out of it and take advantage of their loss! :blinzel:

Good luck, I hope you find the car of your dreams, and join us on some of our jaunts .... you will have the best of both worlds ..... the most awesome car and friends ever!

RA

Thank you for using a larger font, makes things so much easier to read.
I'd even think of buying an extra V with really low mileage and low cost.

Bobbbbbo,
Maybe we could forage around and pick up a nice 08!!!

Floyd

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back