Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

V Exhaust

Joeinbcs

My XLR/V(s)
2008 XLRV Black Raven/Ebony
Can somebody tell me if the V exhaust works the same way as Corvette's equipped with the "Dual-Mode" option?
I bought an '09 Corvette thinking it would satisfy the V itch, but it didn't really work. Enjoyed the car, but passed it on and bought a V, which I pick up Friday. Just wondering how the exhaust works. It was possible to buy a remote controller for the Dual Mode function on the Corvette. Is this also an option for the V?
Also, I saw a couple here using a Parrot interface device to add Bluetooth to the Infotainement system..is this the consensus favorite to update the system? Bluetooth a must...
Thanks, Joe

stuff

Hey,
As far as I know the exhaust is the same. The actuators open at 3500 rpm for the straight through side of the muffler. I personally installed a "mild to wild" mechanism with remote. This will allow you to open the straight through side any time you want. Just get one for a C6 corvette. Took about a hot 15 minutes to install. I also installed QTP exhaust cutouts. These were installed before the mufflers. Allows me to adjust full open to full closed. I also removed the catalytic converters and have D3 long tube headers. Hope this helps.
:thumbsup

Hey,
As far as I know the exhaust is the same. The actuators open at 3500 rpm for the straight through side of the muffler. I personally installed a "mild to wild" mechanism with remote. This will allow you to open the straight through side any time you want. Just get one for a C6 corvette. Took about a hot 15 minutes to install. I also installed QTP exhaust cutouts. These were installed before the mufflers. Allows me to adjust full open to full closed. I also removed the catalytic converters and have D3 long tube headers. Hope this helps.
:thumbsup

Thanks for your clarification. I had an '09 Corvette with the dual exhaust mode feature, and really liked it. I never got around to buying a "mild to wild" gizmo, but it was on my "to do" list before I decided to sell the Corvette and buy an XLRV.
I finally found the right car and picked it up yesterday. Two owners, 22K miles, Black Raven/Black. I could only find only one minor door ding, and the two front wheels will need some touch up because I guess brake dust was left on them or something...damaging the paint a little. Does anybody know the paint code for these wheels? Most use Argent Silver, but this is a different and more interesting color.
I love the car.
By the way, I bought it from a Cadillac dealer and was surprised when he offered me a six-year, 72K bumper-to-bumper warranty for $2300.00. Its a $100. deductible per visit... I usually don't bother with warranties, but this seems a "no-brainer"...I'll probably keep this car a long time, and it may come in handy. I will probably only put 1-2K miles per year as I have some other cars...
Thank again, Joe

warranty

Sold my 06-V about 7 months ago, anyone with warranty should take advantage of Cadillac's 18 point inspection. I took mine in for exhaust hangers & was quoted almost 7K for needed items on dirty side of car, give them the list and warranty and let them do their thing. Great way to get stuff you don't think about that is in bad shape. To look at my vehicle from the top side it looked to be in perfect condition. The guy I sold it to was not pleased to say the least, luckily he signed a sale "As Is". He wanted to sue me & I reminded him of the As IS part of the sale contract. Let the buyer beware. Don't get me wrong I'm not proud of taking advantage of that contract but dealer would in a New York minute.
Thanks for your clarification. I had an '09 Corvette with the dual exhaust mode feature, and really liked it. I never got around to buying a "mild to wild" gizmo, but it was on my "to do" list before I decided to sell the Corvette and buy an XLRV.
I finally found the right car and picked it up yesterday. Two owners, 22K miles, Black Raven/Black. I could only find only one minor door ding, and the two front wheels will need some touch up because I guess brake dust was left on them or something...damaging the paint a little. Does anybody know the paint code for these wheels? Most use Argent Silver, but this is a different and more interesting color.
I love the car.
By the way, I bought it from a Cadillac dealer and was surprised when he offered me a six-year, 72K bumper-to-bumper warranty for $2300.00. Its a $100. deductible per visit... I usually don't bother with warranties, but this seems a "no-brainer"...I'll probably keep this car a long time, and it may come in handy. I will probably only put 1-2K miles per year as I have some other cars...
Thank again, Joe

I dont understand

Sold my 06-V about 7 months ago, anyone with warranty should take advantage of Cadillac's 18 point inspection. I took mine in for exhaust hangers & was quoted almost 7K for needed items on dirty side of car, give them the list and warranty and let them do their thing. Great way to get stuff you don't think about that is in bad shape. To look at my vehicle from the top side it looked to be in perfect condition. The guy I sold it to was not pleased to say the least, luckily he signed a sale "As Is". He wanted to sue me & I reminded him of the As IS part of the sale contract. Let the buyer beware. Don't get me wrong I'm not proud of taking advantage of that contract but dealer would in a New York minute.

So I am missing something in your report. You took it in for exhaust hangers but the dealer said you needed 7$ worth of other repair? You gave them the warranty so did they not do the work? If they did 7K worth of warranty work why would your buyer feel bad? If you sold it knowing your dealer said you needed all this work done then why would the buyer Not be mad ?. selling something you know has problems but don't disclose in my state will void any type of "as is" contract.

I don't quite get your post sorry

Stuck Dual Mode V / Vette exhaust

Can somebody tell me if the V exhaust works the same way as Corvette's equipped with the "Dual-Mode" option?
I bought an '09 Corvette thinking it would satisfy the V itch, but it didn't really work. Enjoyed the car, but passed it on and bought a V, which I pick up Friday. Just wondering how the exhaust works. It was possible to buy a remote controller for the Dual Mode function on the Corvette. Is this also an option for the V?
Also, I saw a couple here using a Parrot interface device to add Bluetooth to the Infotainement system..is this the consensus favorite to update the system? Bluetooth a must...
Thanks, Joe

Anything new on the Dual mode exhaust info? Mine are closed and do not open at 3500. I'm wondering where to start to test them...Is it electric / fuse or suction or a common fault others have experienced. Where to start. The diaphragms seem fine as do the vacuum hoses.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom