Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Value of XLR increasing

James Landi

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 (red) with wire grrile
According to this "authority," the value of an XLR increased by 4% this month.

Happy day, James

Your Kelley Blue Book[SUP][SIZE=+1]®[/SIZE][/SUP]Values have changed

[SIZE=+1]The week of:
Feb 02, 2018 to Feb 08, 2018[/SIZE]
Remember!
If you've moved or put miles on your car, you'll want to update the information to ensure you're receiving the most up-to-date value possible.

XLR Value

Thumbs up!

Not that it is that important, but if we keep them well maintained,
well serviced, in the best condition, we can possibly keep it in it helps.

Long story but I have another collector that is just starting to
show strengthening in the average listed price. I had no intentions
of this happening because I personalized it the way I like.

My XLR is a personal item, not in my balance sheet!:) The rest is
just gravy.

Not an investment

"My XLR is a personal item, not in my balance sheet! The rest isjust gravy.'
Can't agree more. I bought my Red because I love it! Not because I had dollar signs dancing in front of my eyes. If it appreciates, so much gravy as you say. But in the meantime, I'll be appreciating it my own way! And one day, I'll let my grand daughter worry about how much it's worth. She'll probably look a hell of a lot better in it than I do anyway!:thumbsup

Hopefully, we all stick together to maintain these cars. Maybe even
work together to plan the Bowling Green Event outing.

Thumbs up to your Red XLR!

Hello all,
Been following lots of threads on the XLR, just wanted to chime in for a second for this one.
I've got an 04' all original in black from a "collector" here in town over four years ago. Super rare for this area and really never seen. That said, I LOVE THIS CAR!!!! Thought I'd wait till closer to retirement to make the purchase but life things happened and I pulled the trigger a little earlier, no regrets and no buyers remorse. I married into a GM family with the Cadillac division being the primary, used to think the Allant'e would suffice someday but then came the XLR....... Again, LOVE THIS CAR!

Hello all,
Been following lots of threads on the XLR, just wanted to chime in for a second for this one.
I've got an 04' all original in black from a "collector" here in town over four years ago. Super rare for this area and really never seen. That said, I LOVE THIS CAR!!!! Thought I'd wait till closer to retirement to make the purchase but life things happened and I pulled the trigger a little earlier, no regrets and no buyers remorse. I married into a GM family with the Cadillac division being the primary, used to think the Allant'e would suffice someday but then came the XLR....... Again, LOVE THIS CAR!
I feel your passion for the XLR. I was a member of the GM family and I guess I still am since I'll get a retirement check at 65. I remember when the XLR rolled of the assembly line in 2003. I fell in love with it then and it has stuck with me since. Start looking for one seriously end of November last year and just so happens one was available right around the corner from me here in Atlanta. December 31st. Got it at a redunkulous price which left plenty of room for me to do the fixes. The last owner took care of it. All was good until his son got a hold of it. I going to spend the money to get it right. IF I decide to sell it, I will make my money back and then some.... Like you, I LOVE THIS CAR. Including mine, I know of 2, maybe 3 in this area. This car STILL gets looks of appreciation... Be Safe fellow XLRian....

Last edited:
"IF I decide to sell it, I will make my money back and then some...."

You and many others have said this above........ rarely happens.

Dream On, Dream On,,,,,Dream Until All Your Dreams Come True,,,

"IF I decide to sell it, I will make my money back and then some...."

You and many others have said this above........ rarely happens.

Dream On, Dream On,,,,,Dream Until All Your Dreams Come True,,,

One of my favorite bands, so I'm in great company. More like "Drive on. making my dream come true."

"the most expensive car you can buy is the cheapest one you find if you can not do the work yourself". HOOVIES GARAGE

Just like Hoovie we all enjoy it when someone gets a car they really love. I think most people on this forum want to help others keep from falling out of love with their cars.

An XLR will never be "just another old car." It's a fully American classic, born at the beginning of the 21st century, and as the decades roll on, its historical place, not only in "car culture," but more importantly in the providing a reference point in the development of new, and innovative automotive technologies will be writ large--adaptive cruise control, magnetic ride control, folding hard top, etc, etc, Aside from those "break through" technologies, the exterior design is extraordinarily attractive-- a true American dream car.

The 2009 XLR Platinum series are gaining strength in the retail value side especially the low mileage ones under 25 thousand miles and being the last year of 659 which were produced.. Limited availability. The 2009 XLR -V are in the 80 to 95 thousand dollar range depending on the miles, availability, of 239 built. It is a great position to be in for the collector. Besides all the 2004 -2008 XLR;s value are on the upswing. The market is changing for the better on the XLR Value in 2022.

XLR Value

Thumbs up!

Not that it is that important, but if we keep them well maintained,
well serviced, in the best condition, we can possibly keep it in it helps.

Long story but I have another collector that is just starting to
show strengthening in the average listed price. I had no intentions
of this happening because I personalized it the way I like.

My XLR is a personal item, not in my balance sheet!:) The rest is
just gravy.
My XLR is a personal item, though now as I see it they will go up and be very Collectible. I would like to buy another. If anyone has a very low mileage version of either the XLR or the XLR-V keep me in mind. JCKCPA@MSN.COM.

well I would not advise buying one as an investment .Buy it to drive and hope it may be worth what you paid or maybe more in a couple of years. I see cars like this 09 with 33,000 for under 40,000. Thats not a rise in value. I watch what they actually sell for and watch the value insurance pays on total losses . to me thats the real value .Of course you get a few really nice ones on BAT and a few "claims" of high value sales ( that by the way some are BS) but they are worth what you can get for them . If I was looking I would certainly check this one out. 2009 Caddy Cadillac XLR Platinum Convertible 2D Convertible Black -...

well I would not advise buying one as an investment .Buy it to drive and hope it may be worth what you paid or maybe more in a couple of years. I see cars like this 09 with 33,000 for under 40,000. Thats not a rise in value. I watch what they actually sell for and watch the value insurance pays on total losses . to me thats the real value .Of course you get a few really nice ones on BAT and a few "claims" of high value sales ( that by the way some are BS) but they are worth what you can get for them . If I was looking I would certainly check this one out. 2009 Caddy Cadillac XLR Platinum Convertible 2D Convertible Black -...
It is also about how the car presents itself. The presentation of fit, finish, interior, engine and paint appearance, wheels ,tires, undercarriage, and operational detail.
Well here is an example;
Links:
For Sale: 2009 Cadillac XLR in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
ASKING $47,500.

Another 2009 Platinum

Not to bore anyone but there are additional four or five XLR Platinum series in the market advertised in the 40K range and above WE all hope they get what their asking. It benefits all the owners of these 2- seater Cadillacs. The XLR-V are out there anywhere from 80-95 K . Its all good right now for an XLR Owner.

Last edited:
I gave my 05 T-Bird to my daughter so I could buy my XLR. She gets more comments about the Bird, but I love driving the XLR more. All used car prices are temporarily rising due to chip shortage, but this will come to an end. I drive mine regularly and don't expect to make money on it.

But know its holding or increasing, u got to feel good about it. But I agree, when the computer chips make a come back soon, it could change the margins to be made.. The Mecum auction going on in Kissimee right now are seeing some crazy buying bids never seen before. There are four more XLR"s up for bids yet to go this week., Barrett Jackson auction will be another one to watch in two weeks.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom