Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

vanity mirror lid , were to buy or part number

Jaxrwild

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Light Platinum
looking for a vanity mirror lid , I think someone tried to close the top with the visor up

You can't buy just the cover. It's an integral part of the sun visor and you have to replace the entire sun visor.

on Amazon and eBay Google 0513VMC , same as the C6 Corvette $40.00. aftermarket

Both my visor lids were broken when I got the car 3 years ago. JB Weld, a couple of wire brads and a Dremel tool put everything back together.

everything was fine except the lid purchase a aftermarket one from Amazon

people on this forum very seldom follow up. It would be nice if folks started letting us know, What did it cost? was it a good product ? did it finish the repair? That way In the future we at least has some info

IMG_20181215_190040_921.jpgAmazon 39.00 waiting for it to arrive will update when Finnish

repair update, took less than 2 minutes , before and after and tool used
20181228_123216.jpg
20181228_124042.jpg
20181228_124104.jpg20181228_124051.jpg

Both my visor lids were broken when I got the car 3 years ago. JB Weld, a couple of wire brads and a Dremel tool put everything back together.
You Rexter must be a patient man, a perfect trait for tedious repairs like that. It looks as though I might be attempting the same as one of the mirror lid hinges broke on the passenger side. Uhhhggg. Trivial but tedious.
How did your repair hold up?

You Rexter must be a patient man, a perfect trait for tedious repairs like that. It looks as though I might be attempting the same as one of the mirror lid hinges broke on the passenger side. Uhhhggg. Trivial but tedious.
How did your repair hold up?
That was 5 years ago, the fix on the hinges still working, no one notices the "fix" when they pull down the visors

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom