Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Vetronix Tech 2

Back to the topic. Can this Vetronix Tech 2 do a VIN relearn for replacing the navigation/radio/cd player? Is this Tech 2 knockoff any good without the $365 shop manual? Or do I need to drop nearly a Grand getting both?

1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes

CC :wave:

1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes

CC :wave:

Thank you, CC. I found a Vetronix Tech-2 on Amazon, so I have a money back guarantee. Got a Shop manual on eBay, and am ready to roll when the time comes. As you know, with an XLR...it's not IF....it's WHEN. ;)

Tech 2

I have been re reading these posts along with the one I wrote and trying to navigate this whole site. I had mentioned earlier I was looking at buying an 05 for home but am now really getting gun shy. I know I wouldn't be able to handle all the problem that I have a feeling will arise. If I had read this site 4 years ago I would never have bought my 06. I will say my 06 is the most favourite car I have ever owned.
John F.

I have been re reading these posts along with the one I wrote and trying to navigate this whole site. I had mentioned earlier I was looking at buying an 05 for home but am now really getting gun shy. I know I wouldn't be able to handle all the problem that I have a feeling will arise. If I had read this site 4 years ago I would never have bought my 06. I will say my 06 is the most favourite car I have ever owned.
John F.

But you did buy it (your '06) & it's all worked out well, sooo ... STOP thinking & just DO enjoy it! Put that top down, feel the warm sunshine on your face, the rush of the wind, and forget everything else in the world ...

Last edited:
tect ll

It wasn't 2 months after buying my Chinese Tech II that I had to do a top re-learn. So mine is mostly paid for. Anything happen from here on out, I'm really not out much anymore. lol

So can anyone out there give me an overview of what is involved in doing a top re-learn with a Tech ll scanner? Does it require the service manuals?

GM service manuals are definitely recommended with a Tech 2.

The definition of the Top Relearn mode has been posted previously, so it's easier for you to use the search function to find it than to re-write it. Here's how it's performed:

Top Relearn Procedure

Navigate to:

Vehicle Control Systems/Computer Integrating Systems/Module Replacement/Setup/FTC Module

1. Select the Folding Top Learn Procedure soft key
2. Move the top through one complete cycle to store the new sensor parameters.
3. Subtract at least $125 from the price of the tool and books each time you perform steps 1 & 2.

It's useful to maintain a log of the sensor values for later comparison to determine when one is on the ragged edge.

CCC :wave:

Last edited:
Thank you, CC. I found a Vetronix Tech-2 on Amazon, so I have a money back guarantee. Got a Shop manual on eBay, and am ready to roll when the time comes. As you know, with an XLR...it's not IF....it's WHEN. ;)

GM service manuals are definitely recommended with a Tech 2.

The definition of the Top Relearn mode has been posted previously, so it's easier for you to use the search function to find it than to re-write it. Here's how it's performed:

Top Relearn Procedure

Navigate to:

Vehicle Control Systems/Computer Integrating Systems/Module Replacement/Setup/FTC Module

1. Select the Folding Top Learn Procedure soft key
2. Move the top through one complete cycle to store the new sensor parameters.
3. Subtract at least $125 from the price of the tool and books each time you perform steps 1 & 2.

It's useful to maintain a log of the sensor values for later comparison to determine when one is on the ragged edge.

CCC :wave:

so I just ordered a cheap tech2. Anybody got a pdf of an Xlr service manual?😁

Thanks! Kind of a scary site security wise but it does the job. :thumbsup

So I got my new Tech2 yesterday and have been getting familiar with it. Going to try it out this weekend, maybe try to do a relearn on the top since I have the problem of the top not latching down securely to the post. One problem I've found not that the weather is getting cooler her in the south is the previous owner apparently spilled a soft drink on the center console and the buttons are getting sticky to the point of almost not working. So if anyone has any words of wisdom on how to clean them up please let me know.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom