Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

WANTED: 05+ XLR

Taktix1

Hello, located in the Mid-Atlantic (VA to be exact). Fell in love with the car and after some years of thinking, have decided to take the leap and find one.

Looking for:

Year 2005 and up
Any color as long as it does NOT have the black interior
Low mileage (under 40k pref)
Price range under $40k.

Willing to travel to see the car. Thanks!

Check out ebay, and I got mine off autotrader from a dealership. Take your time for the deals, they are out there, mine took 3 months to find. Good Luck

Given your price point and criteria you should have lots of great options.
I recommend that you decide between an XLR V and a base or platinum XLR and then focus your search accordingly. There are some major differences between them and advantages to each. For example my view is that Vs have greater power and smaller engines and base/platinums have increased technology (like computer adaptive cruise control) with larger engines.

Regardless (as Tiffany' Dad taught me) there is no problem whatsoever getting a speeding ticket in either version. Frankly, I wish I could have one of each. These are such awesome cars......you will love it!

Steve

Hello, located in the Mid-Atlantic (VA to be exact). Fell in love with the car and after some years of thinking, have decided to take the leap and find one.

Looking for:

Year 2005 and up
Price range under $40k.

YOUR GONNA LOVE THE XLR WHEN YOU DO FIND IT!
I ALL MOST BOUGHT A NEW SEBRING HARD TOP CONVERTIBLE LAST MARCH 2011. WHEN THE WIFE ASK ME IS THIS REALLY WHAT YOU WANT? WELL SHE SHOOK THE BRAIN ENOUGH TO MAKE ME THINK ABOUT THE XLR THAT I HAD REALLY WANTED! YES I GAVE UP 0 MILEAGE ON A NEW CAR WITH THE FULL WARRANTY FOR AROUND $26,000.00 FOR AN 2005 WITH XLR WITH 53,000 LAST MARCH WHEN I BOUGHT MY XLR, BUT I GOT $75,000 NEW PRICE CAR FOR 24,999.00 THAT WILL NOT LOSE IT'S VALUE. SO YES I THINK I MADE THE RIGHT BUY. THE XLR HAS 63,567 ON IT AS OF TODAY IN ONE YEAR! WE TRIP IN IT ALL THE TIME
WE SIMPLY LOVE OUR XLR :love:
:laugh: HANDS DOWN :laugh:
CADDYMAN DAN

If you want to pay up to $40K, visit a Cadillac Dealer and ask him what XLR's coming off lease are going for. There may be some 5 year leases on '07's, 4 year leases on '08's etc and you may be surprised as what you can get. I don't know all the details on mine but it was a dealer to dealer sale of one coming off lease that never went to auction. They flatbedded mine from Chicago to Northern Ohio. Prior to finding mine and I wanted the cashmere interior, the dealership found a 23,000 mile black/black '07 CPO for $40K located in California. That was December 27, 2009. I got mine Jan 2010. Happy Hunting.

Given your price point and criteria you should have lots of great options.
I recommend that you decide between an XLR V and a base or platinum XLR and then focus your search accordingly. There are some major differences between them and advantages to each. For example my view is that Vs have greater power and smaller engines and base/platinums have increased technology (like computer adaptive cruise control) with larger engines.

Regardless (as Tiffany' Dad taught me) there is no problem whatsoever getting a speeding ticket in either version. Frankly, I wish I could have one of each. These are such awesome cars......you will love it!

Steve

Steve
In the information above you mention V, base, platinum series XLR my question is mine is 05 so I know it's not a V, but what about base & platinum series what is the difference :dunno:
Thx in advance
Caddyman Dan :wave:

Steve
In the information above you mention V, base, platinum series XLR my question is mine is 05 so I know it's not a V, but what about base & platinum series what is the difference :dunno:
Thx in advance
Caddyman Dan :wave:

Grand Daddy,

As you know the Vs first arrived in 2006. Base models ran ever year starting 2004 except in 2009. The Platinum's first arrived in 2007 and were the only non-V option in 2009.

Cadillac Tech deserves all the credit for this but;

Check out this thread

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/news-announcements-3/2004-2009-xlr-history-information-5477/

Steve

XLR Dreamcar

Hello, saw your post so I thought I'd put down a reply.
I have a 2005 Cadillac XLR Champagne color with tan interior, it's such a beauty, but paying out too much insurance (4 vehicles after I get rid of her).
Located in Farmington, New Mexico this garage kept beauty is all original and has 2 years left on a 3 year warranty I purchased and I also believe it is tranferable.
I bought this car from the local chevy house and am the second owner, it was the owners wifes car. It has very low miles (under 36K) and in great shape with brand new tires last month. The price is 38,000. Worth a look. Call me if interested and I can email you some pics. Mark 505-793-4111. Thanks

2006 XLR for sale

I have a 2006 XLR for sale approx 45000 miles it is a black edition 250 made has number of production on sill platte car is perfect Need new toy. $27500 Looking for 2010 ZR! vette must be white I am in central SD I can pick you up at airport and send photos upon request. 605-730-2332

2006 XLR for sale

Looking for:

Year 2005 and up
Price range under $40k.

I have a 2006 black edition only 250 made production number on sill platte 45ooo miles $27500 im from central SD can send photos on request. 605-730-2332

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom