Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

water pillar

freemont

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR v
hi new to the posting thing i have had 5 xlrs 3 v's and 2 regular coupes, wanted to share what i have learned over the years, has anyone had water running out of the vent in the door pillars? well have i the fix.

when GM put these together they did not seal the pillar weld..you have to take the leather covered pillar cover off and you will see where they have welded it ..take some silicone and put it along the bead there..

you can check where its coming in by running water on it when that cover is off..you'll see it seep in along that beed..

hope that helps

I will have to look at that. I have only had 2 leak and both of mine was just the drain tube clogged. You can start with it . its under the right fender behind the tire just run a wire up it an make sure water runs out freely.i think the pillar would have to be full to run out that weld seem as the water is supposed to go down the drain tube.

hi new to the posting thing i have had 5 xlrs 3 v's and 2 regular coupes, wanted to share what i have learned over the years, has anyone had water running out of the vent in the door pillars? well have i the fix.

when GM put these together they did not seal the pillar weld..you have to take the leather covered pillar cover off and you will see where they have welded it ..take some silicone and put it along the bead there..

you can check where its coming in by running water on it when that cover is off..you'll see it seep in along that beed..

hope that helps
Any chance of getting a picture of what you're talking about....

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom