Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

We have solved the XLR Headlight Issue

H

Headlightlogic

Headlight Logic/Headlights 101 is located in Atlanta GA and has been providing refurbished and remanufactured headlights to body shops throughout the US since 2010. We manufacture the lens that is always burned due to the extremely hot amber halogen bulb. We have the ability to replace your damaged internal lens, replace the halogen bulb with a switchback LED light (clear unless turn signal is on then amber) as well as the resistor and refurbish the outer lens to the point that there are no scratches, pits or discoloration. Just as we do with our insurance partners, all of our repairs come with a one year warranty.

The cost: $1000 per light and you pay for the shipping to us and we pick up the shipping on the return. We strongly encourage you to allow a professional to pack your lights and purchase insurance because we all know what people are charging for these lights. We receive the light on day one and we ship it back on day two via Fed-EX Ground. If we can possibly get it out the same day we receive it, we will. Shipping is one to two days in the Eastern US and three to four days the further West you go.

We have a 6000 square ft warehouse full of headlights and tail light of all makes and models and 8 full time employees to get the job done right. Check us out at DELETED or call our shop at DELETED.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS COMPANY IS NO LONGER IN BUSINESS

Attachments

• XLR.jpg
    XLR.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 1,955
Yesss

I plan on pulling my headlights for a refurbishment by Headlight Logic. I've been in touch with them and they have been great. I personally can't wait, but time hasn't been on my side in pulling the headlight assemblies. I am off all next week so it's happening....

just wondering....

Has anyone ever used their service yet for the XLR headlights and if the they have the lens that get burned?

Best Regards,
Dave :wave:

My results with Headlights 101

I have had my XLR headlights and fog lights repair/restored by Headlights 101 shop. I just got them back on 9 January 2018.
General info:
Headlights 101
Joe Bedwell General Manager (great guy to work with)
150 Tober Trail, Fayetteville, GA 30214
Office (770) 461-5974
Cell (678) 673-8674

I cannot give you a price because each project/job you send them could be different due to the type of repairs you will need. It is best to contact Joe, then send him some pictures of your lights with info on what you want/need done. He can then discuss cost with you.
I sent them both headlights and fog lights; they did a fantastic job with restoring both for me. They replaced both brunt internal lenses, refurbish the outer lens of the headlights and fog lights to the point that there are no scratches, pits or discoloration. In addition, they repair numerous cracks in the headlight housing.

I highly recommend them for any headlight restoration/reapir.
20180109_172324.jpg
Before headlights
20171221_163451.jpg
Before fog lights
20171221_133501.jpg
During repairs
imagejpeg_0.jpg
imagejpeg_1-1.jpg
After headlights
imagejpeg_3.jpg

Last edited:
I think so

Is Dave H the only one to use these folks or has anyone else?
You are looking at about 2200 with shipping back and forth. I would want to wait to see how this holds up. I am not liking the gray area that surrounds the lights. It looks like he split the lens from its reinforcement instead of the reinforcement from the housing. That bond is very weak. Many of the Gm headlights failed and the lens came loose from that gray housing. it should be uniform in color from the factory and you can see it was before the repair. That may be a weak point and time will tell if the lens will delaminate from the housing or leak. The part he made and the buffing look great but they were not very bad to start with. If you can see cracks that look like chicken feet in your lens I do not believe he can do anything about that as they go all the way inside the plastic. I sanded some out and buffed and the covers got so thin you could push them down with your pinky.

Of course ,"your mileage may vary"

Just to clarify

Yelp I concur, as mickeytee states “time will tell”. :)
Just to clarify;
- I did not pay 2200 for both headlights and fog lights; my particular job was 2000 for all 4 lights which included shipping, but as I stated it would be best to contact them with some photos to get a quote for your particular needs (that is what I did to get my quote). Just “one” headlight on ebay cost over 2000 and they still have hazing or brunt spots on the internal lens and in most case the outer lens has stress cracks. You want one with a clearer internal lens… then think about over 3000 or more for each headlight on ebay, etc..
- Not sure what gray area mickeytee is talking about that is different in the before and after pics. The gray band around the edge of the headlight outer lens is the same as before I shipped the headlights. Also please note this gray area is on all XLR headlights listed on ebay and other sites… it looks like it is the way they were manufactured originally. I will admit that since they cleaned up the scratches on the outer headlight lens I can see the gray bans much clearer.
- I did a lot of searching/researching, so far the only company that I could find that makes the internal lens is this one. There is a company in Canada that will open your headlights and remove the burnt lens (not replace them) then reseal the lights. Which I have posted in several threads on this site and others.
- The before pictures don’t show very well. The outer lens of the headlights where extremely scratched before, looked like someone had used sandpaper to wash them as well as the paint on the car (that is why the car is in the shop having paint correction done).
- From my research I think the company reseals the headlights with OEM grade butyl headlight sealant, you could ask them if that is a concern.
- If you are not sure or have doubts, then just give the company a call discuss it with them.

Best regards,
Dave

P.S. Take a look closely at the pic where they are holding the old burnt inner lens you can see how they separated the outer liens from the assembly. The outer lens is not on the assembly in this pic.

Last edited:
sound great

What I said was based on the companies other post that said he charged 1000 per light plus you have to ship it to him at your cost and he would ship it back. That's at least 50$ to buy a box and material plus freight to ship each. He had quoted another poster 50$ each to renew the fog lights so that adds up to 2200. If he cut you a deal that's great. I am just going by what he posted his prices as. That gray area around the light has been the problem for several people who have repaired the lights. It comes from the factory very smooth and consistent in color. The outer lens are sealed to the retainer wit ha very special process that sort of melts them together. When you heat the light to remove the lens reinforcement you risk breaking that seal between the Headlight lens and the lens reinforcement. When you try and silicone or use any sort of glue to glue it back you get that uneven look with darker spots where there is glue and lighter where there is none. I have seen maybe 50 lights repaired. I have experimented with 20 broken and damaged ones myself looking for a proper repair to pass on to people. The set on one of my cars also looked like the after photos when I used an adhesive to remount the light. I wound up painting that outer gray strip to match my car color before I clear coated the lens. It looks fine to me but some don't like the look. I posted this info over a year ago explaining the problem in taking the lam apart to repair or trying to glue the outer lens back where it had come delaminated. The question asked was had anyone else used the service and the dozen or so people that I am working with will wait to see how it last. I don't think people who want to replace their lights wit ha cleaner lens are buying worse on ebay for more money. I think people buying on ebay have no lights or theirs are broken. When the guy offers newly reconditioned ones for straight out purchase then you can compare price. People looking to spend 2000 to renew their cars appearance are a different group of people. As far as the fog lights I have done several sets for local owners and if they take them out and bring them to me I charge 10$ to renew them to cover the material used. If anyone wants to ship me theirs I will be glad to do the same for any forum members.

I think the guy had done a super job and well worth the cost knowing whats involved.

You could probably use an optically clear UV cured glue to reseal the lens to the gray surround. If you don't have to sand and buff the lens though, it will still have a good UV coating, and you might have to play around with shooting the UV light through bulb holes and such.

may work

thanks.I might try that. The problem is not really getting a seal. its the fact the outer lens is clear. When you put an adhesive on it you need it to squeeze out even . When you clamp it you can see a the gray turns a different color where there is glue and where there is not. You loos that nice even 1/2 inch wide color. You can see it in the photos in the middle of the gray its lighter and darker in spots. May not be a bother for some people but the ones I have dealt with when they spend that kind of money want perfection

Maybe I should get find what I'm looking for right side headlight clear lens cover thanks so much anyone who knows

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

sorry

as of yet no one makes any. How bad is yours? Most that have the chicken scratches in them cannot be cleaned and buffed perfectly but can be made to look ok. Someone sure must think that's a n easy find as people want 1500-2000 for ones on ebay with the lens broken or completely gone

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom