Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

What are these things called?

rexster314

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Base Infrared
2015-11-25 12.19.27.jpg Anyone have ideas on what these things are called? They are used on the console lid that lets the console slowly open instead of banging open and also soft closes the lid.

Those are called, "the things on the console lid that help it slowly open and softly close."

They are part of the upper console assembly, which runs about $500 after online discounts. They're easily-broken, spring loaded guides that basically cost . . . about $500.

CCC :wave:

Those are called, "the things on the console lid that help it slowly open and softly close."

They are part of the upper console assembly, which runs about $500 after online discounts. They're easily-broken, spring loaded guides that basically cost . . . about $500.

CCC :wave:

Good one!!
I think I'll go drink a beer..........
Yes, I'm trying to repair the guide pins on the retractable lid. Me and JB Weld are intimate partners. In the case of my console, it looks like maybe a little kid had sat on the console. The lugs on the console plate were broken and that seems like it would take a bit of pressure to break two of them on the outside of the cupholder. I've got everything pretty well pieced back together and waiting on the JBWeld to fully cure. I was just wondering what the real name of these little "slow downs" were. If my repairs work I've saved 8-900 bucks. If they don't work I've still saved 8-900 bucks

Twenty-four hours in a day; twenty-four beers in a case. Coincidence?

Me thinks not.

CC :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry