Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

What is it?

MPRCTCL

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Crystal Red XLR-V
So I had the trim panel that includes the cup holders out today and I noticed this little gear that doesn’t engage with anything. My guess is it originally had something to do with the door that covers the cup holder. If you look closely, you’ll see the door-mechanism pin that rides in the slot looks to have been cut off.

Anyone know a story about it? Are they all like this, is mine modified, was this a campaign?

It makes no difference really, it’s just an interesting conversation starter.

Attachments

• 11C1E85F-03A1-4876-A529-53A389F55064.jpeg
    11C1E85F-03A1-4876-A529-53A389F55064.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 111
Yes, there's a pin that should be there and more than likely it's been broken off and in the bottom of the console now. It's part of the mechanism that allows the one touch open and closing of the lid. Mine was broken off when I bought our X. There's no replacement parts available that I know of, as the console was a one piece item. You might could try to fabricate one if you're handy. And if you find the pin, JB Weld might fix it

Interesting. I have another on the opposite end of the door, so the one touch still works. I guess you only need one. The steel pin looks intentionally sawed off

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom