Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

What the ???

rexster314

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Base Infrared
Entered our XLR in another local car show yesterday. Didn't place, but had fun looking at the cars attending. Even had a pretty stock Delorean, plus a 1931 Lincoln. What a beautiful car.

I was out looking and while I was gone a couple came by looking at the X. The wife just out of the blue said "I'll give you 32,000 right now. My wife told her it wasn't for sale and then the woman said, "Ok, 40,000 right now". My wife declined the offer. When I got back, my wife was telling me of this, and I told her to be glad I wasn't there if she wanted to keep the car.

Here's our XLR set up for the show.

2016-09-17 11.44.36.jpg

Entered our XLR in another local car show yesterday. Didn't place, but had fun looking at the cars attending. Even had a pretty stock Delorean, plus a 1931 Lincoln. What a beautiful car.

I was out looking and while I was gone a couple came by looking at the X. The wife just out of the blue said "I'll give you 32,000 right now. My wife told her it wasn't for sale and then the woman said, "Ok, 40,000 right now". My wife declined the offer. When I got back, my wife was telling me of this, and I told her to be glad I wasn't there if she wanted to keep the car.

Here's our XLR set up for the show.

View attachment 6675

Is your wife out of the dog house yet? Heh, heh, heh

About two years ago, we had Crimson Pearl at a local car show. We met a couple that was just enthralled with her and asked many questions about XLRs.

They didn't try to buy her, but they started looking for one and about six months later purchased one!

They occasionally bring it to some of the car shows we participate in.

???

Rex,,, Did your wife by chance get the lady's name & phone #? If so, forward to me as my arm could be twisted to sell.....
attachment.php

That was the first thing I asked her and no, she didn't. I was gonna call her back myself
It was a husband and wife, husband said he fell in love with these cars when they first came out, and it was the first car he ever saw that he would be willing to pop out $100,000 for.

What was she thinking......???????

Send them my way! I'll sell them my '06 V with under 50,000 miles on it for $40,000.

Granted they are rare, but they are not priceless!! I'm sure I could find another one.

That's what I told my wife. We could have bought another one if we wanted. And still make money off the sale

Pretty much what we do - if someone wants to try to buy, we just throw out a "stupid money" amount. If someone bites, then they bite AND we plenty for a replacement.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom