Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

which is a better deal

long Tall Sally

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 xlr dove gray
Just saw a 2009 burgandy listed at 23K can be bought for 21K has 91,000 miles . I wondered ? do you think thats a better deal than an 05 with 25,000 miles for 19k ?

If the roof will not fly off :bash: I'd go with the low mileage '05 XLR.. What color is the '05?

black. are they not all black? HAhA If my friend likes it and drives it a lot , the 05 would be best but if its jus ta 3000 a year car then in 3-4 years the 09 would have about average miles. The 09 looks so much newer to me. If it had 70,000 and was 4000 more ??/ HAHa

Guess you answered your own question......Have your friend buy the '09 Black, so when the issues appear you can repair it.

not really Zen. I just wonder an am asking those who have driven high mileage do they have less problems by driving them than others do with low mileage that sit

Long Tall Sally. I consider my car a high miler. I bought it with approx. 84,000 6 years ago with reservations. it just hit 90,000 miles and it has been great. I have had no issues .
John F.

Sally,,,, I imagine it comes down to several valuable questions to be factored in when purchasing a used vehicle:
How the car was driven regardless of the mileage. How many owners did the car have over time. How it was maintained, if at all... Been involved in any accidents, big or small. Condition of the body/paint and interior. And finally,,,,the sound and smoothness of the engine, transmission, and drive train. A lot to examine and absorb, but once a vehicle passes and one feels reasonably comfortable with it that purchase can be considered to move forward... If 'red flags' appear,,its time to look elsewhere. JMO :wave:

I have 160,000 on my 05. Runs great. I've replaced the A/C comp., shocks, hood struts, 2 top cylinders and other small items.

PZ and Sally....

The 2005 for me is the first choice, for its low mileage ( if it is real ) and its price (if negociable? ), it could be a good car for vintage and if it keep on low mileage, in 10 years from now the return of the purchase could be worth it.

The 2009 is surely great with all the new changes versus the 2005, new front bumper with spoilers, new fog lamps, new grill partly chrome, side fender vent molding, new chrome wheels, new rear bumper with spoiler, new exhaust tips and mouldings and on and on, a good choice for the weekend in the next coming months.

Black is for sure a fine color…. however black on black will have you cooking in the car on warm or hot days, unless the roof is closed and A/C on, then why having a convertible…...not surprise that so many black cars are available for sales.

IAN

IAN

Obviously I am partial to the 09's, there were only 892 of the built all together and with the styling differences they are holding a much stronger resale price over the '08's. Even with 91,000 miles I think that is a very good deal assuming all is well with the car as Pure Zen pointed out. The dealer selling the car may have had trouble selling them before and priced it to move... or there may be a bunch of problems with the cars history. Check that out, any Caddy dealer can get you reports on the services done to the car thru the dealer network if taken back to a Caddy dealer and due to the unique systems on the XLR many owners do take their cars to the dealership.

My 09 has 45,000 trouble free miles, I have owned it for nearly 9 years now but being Canadian it generally only gets 6months of use and I have grand kids so the car is not suitable for kid duty so does not get tons of use: having said that it is currently in Florida for the winter with me and getting lots of use including the North to South drive :burnout: :cool:.

the 09 just looks so much better. agreed. He's going with the 09. the engine seems to be fine. We just found an 09 engine with 30,000 miles for 800$ so its going on the shelf and not going to worry about any engine problems.

the 09 just looks so much better. agreed. He's going with the 09. the engine seems to be fine. We just found an 09 engine with 30,000 miles for 800$ so its going on the shelf and not going to worry about any engine problems.

wow, good find on the engine!........ and good choice on the car - hope it is all you dreamed it would be!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom