Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Who uses Valet Parking?

Dockery

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Blue Steel XLR
Couple of weeks ago my wife an I too the XLR out to a resort while you all were in BG. My Surgery was coming up, and we needed some alone time to spend together until I could get my strength back.

Well, the place we went to was a zoo, and parking would entail being at the back at the lot. Not something that appealed to me.

So I decided to Valet the XLR. Had a great weekend, made the hour drive home and noticed the passenger's front wheel had been curbed...:pat: Called them and drove it back down there immediately. Security inspected the rim, and I even found the place i believe they hit on the curb.

Couple of days later the director of security called me, and told me they were turning it over to their insurance company. The insurance company called me the while I was being prepped for surgery, and told me to find a place to get the wheel repaired, and they would cover.

After searching high and low, I couldn't find anyone I wanted to repair the wheel, and my body shop actually discovered they were American Racing Wheel 883 mat. I was shocked when he told me it would be better to replace than to fix, and the insurance company agreed. They paid for the new wheel, and my body shop handled the swap out to a perfect set of wheels again.

Bad things happen. But I was so relieved that the resort took responsibility, the insurance company paid, and my body shop found the right wheel, and handled the transition. Since it is not too bad, I also have an emergency replacement if I need it in the future.

Just curious, do you Valet? I still like it being up front where I can keep an eye on it, and it certainly attracted the looks...:)

Just curious, do you Valet? I still like it being up front where I can keep an eye on it, and it certainly attracted the looks...:)

My wife and I travel extensively and never valet. (I spent 128 nights in hotels last year) Most big city hotels or businesses use valet services, so they are not responsible for your car. I have heard many many valet horror stories. I also think 60 minutes, or a show like it, did an in-depth report on the issues with Valets and their responsibility for problems while in your car. We have personally seen Valets burn rubber and massacre gears in Bentleys, Porsches, etc....

We do - many, many times.
Ray's preference is to park somewhere in the north-forty on an end space, but living in San Diego, sometimes you're just lucky to find a parking space - period. We've had no bad experiences with the XLR - However, when we went up to Long Beach and parked our Escalade at the DoubleTree Hotel, some idiot broke into it and stole our 3rd row seats. It's just the luck of the draw I guess.

'Hope you surgery went well .... and that you are and your wife are having good times in the car. :)

'Hope you surgery went well .... and that you are and your wife are having good times in the car. :)

Thanks, Surgery went worse than expected, but I am managing. I can still drive the car, so that is a plus!:willy_nilly:

I never use valet parking, luckily or unluckily depending on how you look at it I have a handicapped placard. So parking in a visible area usually is not an issue.

:cool:

So sorry to hear that you are having health issues .... I'll be wishing you a peaceful recovery.

Are you thinking you will be able to meet up at the Bobfest? It would be great to meet you!

I won't be able to make it this year. We are starting our move over Labor Day.

But there is always next year.

no way do I valet in L.A., our Valet's are the worst here. All the shows all of you have seen were probably filmed here in L.A.

no way do I valet in L.A., our Valet's are the worst here. All the shows all of you have seen were probably filmed here in L.A.

We were at an outdoor cafe in L.A. when I saw a valet strip the gears of a Bentley GT. :bash:

The other valets were laughing and thought it was real funny ....

Shame valet's are more like me. I'd love to drive some of those nice cars, and would treat them like they were mine.

I do the same for rental cars.

Thanks ald42. I appreciate your kind thoughts

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry