Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Window Tinting?

Sharon

Has anyone tinted their XLR windows? I would like to do so - but I am wondering if the tint would obstruct the speedometer reading on the windshield.

Its illegal in al 50 states to tint the windshield dont do it. Side glass is regulated by the state you live in check your state laws.

I should have mentioned that I have a doctor's waiver for the state I am in so I can tint all windows.
But wonder if tinting the front windshield will obstruct the speedometer reading on it.

I should have mentioned that I have a doctor's waiver for the state I am in so I can tint all windows.
But wonder if tinting the front windshield will obstruct the speedometer reading on it.
Is windshield tint legal in Florida?
Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed above the manufacturer's AS-1 line. Front Side windows: Must allow more than 28% of light in. Back Side windows: Must allow more than 15% of light in. Rear Window: Must allow more than 15% of light in.
The AS-1 line is 5" from the top of the windshield you cannot tint below that line.

The heads up display should not be effected by light tint, but I suggest placing some tinted, thin plastic where the display shows first to check.

Yes, window tinting is legal in Florida with a medical waiver - which I have.
What is the AS-1 line? So, my question still remians: would the tint

Thanks for your information and suggestion to test the area at the heads up display it with a thin film of plastic.
I will try that!

Please read my previous post and from the FL DMV i pasted in the info about the windshield only being allowed tinting 5" from the top of the windshield.

the as-1 is basiclly an allowable shaded area that usually runs 3-5 inches from the top of the windshield depending on how large a glass the windshield is. It is usually out of the direct vision line. tint should not have any influence on your headsup. Factory windshields used to be clear with a shaded top strip then they became tinted and shaded.

The 2 people I know that ever got a tint ticket in FL were stopped for something else

I'd tape a piece of tint your thinking of using. The actual tint. Sometimes they look for a reason to pull an XLR over. Most people have never seen one. Lol

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom