Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Winter storage

xlr 443

My XLR/V(s)
2008 Crystal Red XLR-V
Today the thermometer reads -15 deg F. Not ideal weather for the XLR-V . Som I must face facts - "winter storage". Any suggestions ? Tires off the ground ? trickle charger ? If so any particular brand ?

This beauty has been sitting for a couple months now ( weather factor ) today it started right up - thought I'd go through the emergency entry and exit steps. Mind you the outside temp. -15deg F inside the garage 20+ deg. Pressed the deck lid button - the deck lid lifted a couple inches and returned to the locked position. You think the hyd. is affected by the weather ? (t.i.c.)So now off to the garage ( the heater is on and the inside temp. around 55deg. Makes it a little comfortable than being outside.
Talk to you later - Rayzor.

Today the thermometer reads -15 deg F. Not ideal weather for the XLR-V . Som I must face facts - "winter storage". Any suggestions ? Tires off the ground ? trickle charger ? If so any particular brand ?

This beauty has been sitting for a couple months now ( weather factor ) today it started right up - thought I'd go through the emergency entry and exit steps. Mind you the outside temp. -15deg F inside the garage 20+ deg. Pressed the deck lid button - the deck lid lifted a couple inches and returned to the locked position. You think the hyd. is affected by the weather ? (t.i.c.)So now off to the garage ( the heater is on and the inside temp. around 55deg. Makes it a little comfortable than being outside.

Here is a link to a previous discussion on this forum. Use the search function, lots of information on this forum.
https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/care-and-maintenance/8787-winter-maintenance.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Storage

XLR 443, I put my XLR in a storage garage that has no power. I inflate my tires to approx 40 psi and they sit on plywood squares. You shouldn't have tires sit on cement for a long period of time. I also disconnect the battery, leave the hood ajar and both windows down. This car sits in Palm Springs during the summer so I also leave a bottle of water in the car. I also have a toy in storage during the winter at home. My garage is heated so I don't add any air to my tires but they do sit on plastic. I leave both windows down and use a battery maintainer. I also have the vehicle surrounded by mouse detectors.
John F.

XLR 443, I put my XLR in a storage garage that has no power. I inflate my tires to approx 40 psi and they sit on plywood squares. You shouldn't have tires sit on cement for a long period of time. I also disconnect the battery, leave the hood ajar and both windows down. This car sits in Palm Springs during the summer so I also leave a bottle of water in the car. I also have a toy in storage during the winter at home. My garage is heated so I don't add any air to my tires but they do sit on plastic. I leave both windows down and use a battery maintainer. I also have the vehicle surrounded by mouse detectors.
John F.
32F25DE0-B6F3-4818-BB1F-707AC5A784AB.jpgIdk if you saw this but when my mom and I went away on a 115 day cruise around the world I spent some extra money and put this floor down. So before leaving I went down to my dealership and had then top up the fluids and tire pressure. Then I went and filled the gas tank up. Put fuel stabilizer in the tank parked the car in the garage and left the drivers window down. Then opened the hood attached battery tender and shut the hood but not all the way. Only shut it so I can still open it with the latch. When I returned in April unhooked battery tender and she started right up. Drove the car for a good 30 min or so and then parked her back in the garage.

Different idea for winter storage

For all you folks that live in the "harsh winter" states, here is an alternative idea for winter storage.

Drive your car out to Arizona and rent a storage space. I'm sure our friend Pure Zen will be glad to take each and every one out periodically and drive it to keep it in good condition!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom