Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

WTB: Driver Door Courtesy Lamp Lense

EABrock1988

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Infrared XLR-V
Looking for a driver door courtesy lamp lens for my 2006 XLR-V. Part is no longer available from GM and I am trying to avoid buying a complete door panel just to get the lens.

If anyone has one, please reach out.

Thanks

I'd say you are with a dozen others looking. Many have bought a used trim panel to get the light and find it falls apart once they get it. Tough item to find.

I'm actually thinking of taking this on, but I need a broken one to measure to make a 3d model of it. I'm not taking a chance of breaking mine taking it out.

Someone on another forum that knew what he was doing was going to make these but people thought he should sell them fir 20-25$ each. He estimated his cost for time and material was closer to 100$ each. I think you could sell a hundred of them in a couple years if closer to 40$ each

That’s close to what I was thinking. I’ve designed and printed much more difficult parts, including clear, and I enjoy the challenge of figuring it out, so I can think of wasted hours as solving a puzzle as long as I don’t have a paying project to do. That, and I may become my own customer some day.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom