Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! XLR fob

Gus

My XLR/V(s)
2008 Alpine white XLR
I always believed that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is not true. I have done multiple searches for an XLR fob with prices all over the map. Autozone sells a new one for $131.00 but I see 2008 corvette fobs that they say will work on an XLR with prices $13 and I see them for less. The pics show that outside and inside, they look exactly like mine. I find it hard to believe that any fob would be that cheap. Thoughts?

For $13, I'd just try it and find out.

For $13, I'd just try it and find out.
I agree and was planning on doing that but i like to hear the sellers comment as well as the number on the bottom of the fob. Mine is a 2 and I read in this forum about a guy had problems programming because he had they same number fob.

I tried programming a FOB and was unsuccessful. I ended up having to let the dealer do it because I was warned that after a few tries the FOB will no longer work.

I tried programming a FOB and was unsuccessful. I ended up having to let the dealer do it because I was warned that after a few tries the FOB will no longer work.
Where did you purchase the fob? I visited our local Cadillac dealer because I will have a 50K mile serviced due and I wasn’t impressed at all. I will probably get my service done by a local mechanic that I know is thorough and by the book.

I always believed that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is not true. I have done multiple searches for an XLR fob with prices all over the map. Autozone sells a new one for $131.00 but I see 2008 corvette fobs that they say will work on an XLR with prices $13 and I see them for less. The pics show that outside and inside, they look exactly like mine. I find it hard to believe that any fob would be that cheap. Thoughts?
I bought mine a Rock Auto $89

I have a 2009 xlr and bought a fob from Remotes and Keys in Brooklyn, NY. (386)-586-3650
It took a couple of weeks to get but it looks just like my original factory fob without the Cadillac logo.
Programing went perfect.

I bought mine a Rock Auto $89
Ed, I heard AutoZone sells them so I went there - $131 was what they wanted. My big concern on eBay is a fob that does not have a key to lock glove compartment, etc. Maybe all keys a
I have a 2009 xlr and bought a fob from Remotes and Keys in Brooklyn, NY. (386)-586-3650
It took a couple of weeks to get but it looks just like my original factory fob without the Cadillac logo.
Programing went perfect.
Avery, I got my $13 fob on the way. The seller seems to be in the fob business for all kinds of vehicles and he emailed me pictures from every angle with the key blade in and also out. One of them was of the fob completely opened and everything looked exactly the same. Time will tell, I hope it is programmabl.

Programing went perfect.
Avery, I have a question about your ‘09. I have an ‘08 Alpine White that is literally in perfect condition. My one complaint is that I can drive it a short distance and the back bumper shows all kinds of dirt. I noticed on pictures of the ‘09 that your tail end seems to have one extra (not sure how to articulate this) flair about 4” or less (I do not know). Do you have trouble collecting dirt on your rear bumper? I’m really curious if Cadillac realized their design flaw and corrected it the last year of production.

Gus,
It looks like the rear was redesigned. I don't have any problem with dust. If you notice the exhaust was re designed also. Take a look at some of the other '09s in the media gallery, there is a complete re design from '08 to '09.

Gus,
It looks like the rear was redesigned. I don't have any problem with dust. If you notice the exhaust was re designed also. Take a look at some of the other '09s in the media gallery, there is a complete re design from '08 to '09.
Avery,
When you say you don’t have a problem with dust, etc., do you mean it doesn’t bother you or you don’t experience any? I guess that I’m just going to have to live with it.

Gus,
My car is silver so the dust may not be as visible. It is also kept in the garage. I do car shows so I keep up with cleaning everything a lot. When I first got the car some of the interior trunk screw covers were missing and I would notice sand collecting in the recesses. I ordered the covers and that solved the problem but I think that is
just the way the rear is designed that causes turbulence and allows dirt to collect on the bumper.

Gus,
My car is silver so the dust may not be as visible. It is also kept in the garage. I do car shows so I keep up with cleaning everything a lot. When I first got the car some of the interior trunk screw covers were missing and I would notice sand collecting in the recesses. I ordered the covers and that solved the problem but I think that is
just the way the rear is designed that causes turbulence and allows dirt to collect on the bumper.
Yes, I see your car. I just cleaned my Vogue white walls and it looks 100% better. I will try and retake my pics tomorrow. My car is garage kept only and I don’t drive it that much. Knock on wood, everything works perfectly and I hope that doesn’t change. Later, supper time.

I have a black 09 and mine does not collect dirt on the rear any more than elsewhere. Being black, it REALLY shows dirt. The white should not show nearly as much.

I have a black 09 and mine does not collect dirt on the rear any more than elsewhere. Being black, it REALLY shows dirt. The white should not show nearly as much.
Robert, I think they changed the rear in 2009 just under the bumper and it changes the air flow so you don’t experience the dirt like 2008 back. Just saying

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom