Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR HOOD VENTS

Pua

Aloha,

I have a 2005 XLR Base.
I love the look of the V Hood with air vents (see photo). Does anyone know where I can purchase such a hood?

Mahalo,

Pua

Hood Vents - Overall Look to Mimic.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I was hoping someone was making these hoods and I could just buy it with the vents.

Any good bodyshop can do this job. It would probably cost the same or less to add vents to your stock hood as buying a complete new hood and having it painted to match.

Welcome to The XLR Site

Consensus of opinion here. FYI, I concur, those are not stock hood vents. Definately look great, but not stock.

In any event, welcome to the site.
:wave:

Any good bodyshop can do this job. It would probably cost the same or less to add vents to your stock hood as buying a complete new hood and having it painted to match.

Thanks for response, I have the base hood, I think the vents would look best on a V - Hood. I was just hoping to find someone who had the set-up I am looking for good to go.
But yes, looks like I will have to order the hood then have someone install the vents myself.

Consensus of opinion here. FYI, I concur, those are not stock hood vents. Definately look great, but not stock.

In any event, welcome to the site.
:wave:

Thanks for response, yes I knew they were not stock, just trying to find out if anyone had these complete as a purchase item.
I would also like these functional and not just for looks.

Thanks for the welcome.

Pua

I believe the new v hoods are almost all sold out . let us know what you find
I just checked and they do have a few left. Someone said a month ago that they could not find in an the states. As its an easy part to make and most likely cost gm about 200$ and sells for 2000 they most likely will continue to provide these.

Last edited:
I believe the new v hoods are almost all sold out . let us know what you find
I just checked and they do have a few left. Someone said a month ago that they could not find in an the states. As its an easy part to make and most likely cost gm about 200$ and sells for 2000 they most likely will continue to provide these.

Thanks Micky,
Just wondering, are you aware of any good aftermarket V-Hoods that I can add those vents to?

Mahalo,

Pua

aftermarket

Thanks Micky,
Just wondering, are you aware of any good aftermarket V-Hoods that I can add those vents to?

Mahalo,

Pua

I do not believe anyone makes anything aftermarket for this car except floor mats. No bumpers ,no headlights, exterior panels or anything else that I can find. Someone said there was an aftermarket rear 3rd brake light in the trunk made but I never could find a company that made it. I just think they found a dealer on ebay selling them.
There was a wide body kit but I have contacted that company with no response.
Would love to find a damaged v hood to have a repo made. As the underside reinforcement would have to be removed I would like a used slightly damaged one. New one is too high to break apart. MAy take a stock one and add a v type scoop but IMO the v hood look is just about right for the car

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom