Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! XLR-V strange question

Biff

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Blk/Blk XLR-V
Have a 2006 XLR-V. Battery went dead in my garage over the winter. (even though I started it a few times)
Did the whole trunk entry thing, charged the battery etc..
Tried to start it and it read "no fob detected" when I hit start button. Fobs have new batteries.

Called dealership, said it would need to be towed. Being in garage, I wanted to roll it out onto driveway for towing, but given that it won't start, I can't get it into neutral. Dealership says no manual way to do it.

Ended up jacking the back, rolling it out that way.

As soon as it was out of my garage and I shut the driver door for towing, suddenly the fob started to work.! Doors unlocked, delayed locked like normal etc..

Is it possible that there is a sat link of some sort???

Welcome to the forum.

Could have been some RF interference at that particular moment. This has happened to me from time to time, with a fully charged battery. Our cars do strange things when the battery does not have a full charge. Have your battery checked or replaced.

:cool:

Fob slot in glove compartment

Did you try inserting the fob into the slot in the glove compartment to see if it would detect and recognize the fob there?

Dealerships says both fobs are toast. (apparently common with xlr and vette)
New ones coming from Penn (a week wait) Not happy about that kind of down time!

Dealer says that the fact that they worked briefly, isn't surprising and not unusual.

No weird "big brother" sat link!! :lol:

Thanks for the replies.

Winter storage

Someone mentioned this good idea before: "as winter arrives and we store our toys remember to pop the hood release". Then if your battery goes dead no big deal lift the hood and jump start or charge it. If you can add a small "trickle" battery charger for storage of more than a couple weeks, batteries last much longer if you keep them charged.
I think that is a rare happening with either car.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom