Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLRV Tire Options

2006XLRV

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR V Red
Ok my V is out of the frame shop and back to the garage getting ready for re-installation of engine and the front dog house along with complete repaint. A labor of love but with 22K on the odometer I could not let this gem be discarded. In the coming months it will be necessary to replace the tires and I do want to stay with run flats so it seems to be an issue on availability. Pretty sure the original Pirelli's are unavailable and I've stopped at a couple of tire dealers and they want to use two different brands between front and rear. I would like to hear some suggestions on replacement. Thanks.

May2016 002.jpgMike 002.jpgXLR 021.jpgXLR 024.jpg

I just put 255's on the rears and 245's on the fronts - Rides great. I went with NON Run Flats... I switched my Base XLR to NON Run Flats, without any issues - much more options on tires.

Good luck.

I went with the 255/40/19 Continental ExtremeContact DW from TireRack (front and rear) and they're a huge improvement over the Pirelli Eufori run-flats it came with. That, coupled with new shocks and upgraded breaks and it handles better than ever!

I did invest the money I saved on run-flats in an extra chrome rim and tire to keep in the garage just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I went with the 255/40/19 Continental ExtremeContact DW from TireRack (front and rear) and they're a huge improvement over the Pirelli Eufori run-flats it came with. That, coupled with new shocks and upgraded breaks and it handles better than ever!

I did invest the money I saved on run-flats in an extra chrome rim and tire to keep in the garage just in case.

Sounds good. I just purchased an 04 XLR & run flats cause me to brush bottom leaving my drive which has incline at entrance. I googled Continentals & they looked like they would allow my XLR to stand a little higher that will help on my drive.

If your 04 has stock rims, they are 18". The V has stock 19" rims with a lot less options available.

If your 04 has stock rims, they are 18". The V has stock 19" rims with a lot less options available.

This is quite true, assuming you're staying with the stock wheel.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back