Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OEM Polished Chrome Grille XFireXLR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Gold Mist Met. XLR

Cool OEM Polished Chrome Grille

I was at my Cadillac Dealer today having an issue fixed on my 2006 XLR, there was another XLR in for service that had an OEM polished chrome grille. I went into the parts department to see if it can be ordered and was told no. Question has anyone else seen this on another XLR and does anyone know where I can get one, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

The chrome grills were used on special editions like the Passion Red and Alpine White. The lower strip below the grill will need to be painted body color. I can get you one.

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 platinum xlr

Bruce, will the lower mesh grill on the v, fit a std xlr. I know it would eliminate the cruise control. If it is available, how much would it cost?

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Blue XLR

I purchased mine from http://www.xlrgiftboutique.com/. It really turned out great. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe how much he wants for his stuff from the boutique.

Bruce

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black Raven

I'm curious, akmorris ..... did The Boutique paint it for you???

Next time, post your request here .... you may be surprised how much less you will pay for your parts ....

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Blue Steel XLR

Quote Originally Posted by Lola's Mom View Post
    I'm curious, akmorris ..... did The Boutique paint it for you???

Next time, post your request here .... you may be surprised how much less you will pay for your parts ....
    I got mine from my dealer painted and installed for less than the Boutique price.

(That should get me banned form the other site )

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Blue XLR

I will remember that. I am starting to use the forum more. No, it was not painted and I had to do that myself.

Tony

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black Raven

Quote Originally Posted by akmorris View Post
    I will remember that. I am starting to use the forum more. No, it was not painted and I had to do that myself.

Tony
    Hmmm - well, when you ordered it were you told that you would have to have it painted??

Yep ... you will do well to "shop" here on the forum..... Most everyone has a place to recommend for whatever you are looking for, and you won't have to pay the inflated prices. Or be surprised when you (finally) get your products ....

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some pictures of chrome grilles;

From L-R Infrared,Blue Steel,Crystal Red and Xenon Blue (Tiffany's grille)

Bruce

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black Raven

Those are great pictures, Bruce .... thanks for posting .... They must be grilles that you have done because I can see in the "before" pictures that they are painted already.

Post Thanks / Like

The first 2 grilles are done and ready to be shipped and the last 2 are ones that I installed. RA, we need a picture of Lola's grille.

Bruce

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black Raven

Oh, yeah! I guess I left that behind on the old forum ..... BTW ..... anyone who is still active over there, it would be great if you would mention that there is going to be a meet for real in San Antonio so that any owners old or new, or those that don't know can have the option of joining in ..... Last I heard there was some sort of phantom trip planned for BG .... but it's never been posted over here, so I don't know that it's a for real deal, and I don't know if Henry is promoting San Antonio over there. It would be nice if we could reach the new people so that they can get to know us and vice-versa ... I would think that the thread we started over there should still be active. I can't think that there would be any reason for them to remove that thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Lt. Platinum & 2006 Lt. Platinum XLR-V

OH. I could think of about 100 reasons if I'm counting the people that deserted the old forum. I ghost in every once in a while. I'm surprised to see Hans over there but "to each his own".
    I'll make it very clear, that the XLR Boutique is a rip off and has not treated it's customers as if they want them to return. People had to fight for months to get items returned for bad quality or bad customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lola's Mom View Post
    Oh, yeah! I guess I left that behind on the old forum ..... BTW ..... anyone who is still active over there, it would be great if you would mention that there is going to be a meet for real in San Antonio so that any owners old or new, or those that don't know can have the option of joining in ..... Last I heard there was some sort of phantom trip planned for BG .... but it's never been posted over here, so I don't know that it's a for real deal, and I don't know if Henry is promoting San Antonio over there. It would be nice if we could reach the new people so that they can get to know us and vice-versa ... I would think that the thread we started over there should still be active. I can't think that there would be any reason for them to remove that thread.
    DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT
    Standby( Ichiban BB)

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Xenon Blue XLR

The only reason would be if your buddy over there thought you started it..