Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub of Cadillac XLR news and information! Click here to check out the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

Default Options Question: XM Satellite

I understand that for 2004 and 2005 XM Satellite Radio was an additional cost option, however, did it become standard (no additional cost) for 2006 - 2009?
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

Spotlight:

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Satin Nickel

Default xm radio

I don't have the answer for the question but curious what xlr owners are paying for xm service. I just got my renewal and they are asking $159.39 for a year. I know that years ago they had a $20 for 5 month package and an $85 a year package.. Would appreciate knowing what the going rate is. I know from past experience you can negotiate with them.

Thanks JIM

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Light Platinum XLR

Quote Originally Posted by XLRJIM View Post
    I don't have the answer for the question but curious what xlr owners are paying for xm service. I just got my renewal and they are asking $159.39 for a year. I know that years ago they had a $20 for 5 month package and an $85 a year package.. Would appreciate knowing what the going rate is. I know from past experience you can negotiate with them.

Thanks JIM
    I usually go w/ the "5 for 20" offer [US$4.00/month], but they drop this deal from time to time. They usually serve up the "6 for 25" deal, in that case [$4.17/month].

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 Alpine White XLR

Quote Originally Posted by XLRJIM View Post
    ..... curious what xlr owners are paying for xm service. I just got my renewal and they are asking $159.39 for a year.

Thanks JIM

I would have to check my cost but over a year ago I pulled the trigger and bought a lifetime subscription to XM on the XLR. I figured at worst it would be cost effective in about 5 to 6 years if prices never went up. I bet that is unlikely.... I was assured that if the XLR radio had to be replaced the subscription would be transferred to the replacement radio.
    Since I have no plan to let this car ever go I am pretty confident this will work out fine.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2008 Candy Brandywine XLR-V

I bought a lifetime subscription on Sirius in 2010 for $350 for a different vehicle. Last year XM wanted $800+ after first denying any such thing even existed. I decided against it and installed an IPOD interface. IMHO the IPOD has better sound quality. I received an ad for a $25 6 month deal last month. It seems their pricing is highly flexible.